Sign in to follow this  
Mr_P

Help to choose on a setup

I was wondering which setup you guys and gals think would be the loudest and/or sounded the best:

Setup 1 (my current setup):

2 Kicker square L7

You definetly dont have enough power to use the BTL anywhere near it's potential. again, the 15's, might need to step it up a bit. the ssd 12's sound good to me, they hit a little lower and cleaner than the L7's, in the right enclosure.

You definetly dont have enough power to use the BTL anywhere near it's potential.

You're basing this on what? The "need" for the BTL to have 4000 watts?

3 cubic feet is at the very minimum of what a ported 15" SSD wants. I'm not a big fan of small ported enclosures, so unless you can get each sub up to about 3.5 cubic feet, I'd go 12s. I thought I heard that somebody said the SSDs like sealed enclosures a lot more than ported, so maybe do two sealed 15" SSDs. May not be any louder than your L7s but should sound a good deal better.

would be the loudest and/or sounded the best:

Opposite goals, here...

okay different Setup, scratch the btl and use a bl

1 18" BL (1000w rms) what can this sub truly handle?

6 cu.ft. tuned at 30 hz

same 1550 wrms

ok

I listen mostly to rap

I have done a lot of research, and like fi audio brand because their subs have good reviews and are not too expensive

I do not really have a budget, but would like to stick with fi

The enclosure will be a hybrid fiberglass and 3/4" MDF, I have successfully built multiple fiberglass enclosures

I would like your opinion on which setup has the most spl and which one has the best sq

Still open to other subwoofers and other brands though

My only advice is to not listen to DeepSubBoy.

Also, have you checked out (www.DCsoundlab.com) for DC woofers or RE Audio???(www.reaudio.com)

And last but not least; SSA! havent heard anything negative about any of there products yet (for the price) and i like the ICONs very much for my taste.

My only advice is to not listen to DeepSubBoy.

I find that extremely insulting. Unless you are psychic, and have viable evidence, keep it to yourself. Stop insulting me, focus

on what is trying to be achieved, and if you dont like me? Well i dont know how to solve that, thats a personal

problem. Grow up, leave me alone.

Ok now also considering the RE SX 12" because of its amazingly low qts of 0.30

SO

2 12" RE SX rated at 1000 wrms

Mmats 2100.2 1550 wrms

2.0 cu.ft. tuned to 33 hz optimal rec. specs.

or would it be louder in a 2.5 cu.ft. tuned to 33 hz?

Why are you basing your choice of a sub on the qts? The SX is a good sub, though.

The larger box will be a little more efficient, have a smaller hump in frequency response above tuning, and play the lows a tad louder. It will also give less power handling capability.