holley2346

Fi Question

I am going to be doing a build within a few months or so and I was thinking something like 4 fi bl 18's, or 2 btls in a ported box tunes @ 30 hz. Using hifonics amps. I was just wondering which one would be better, I will be playing mostly rap and am going for loud bass not sq. So 4 bl's or 2 btl's and also was wondering which would be better, to wall it off. Or do a normal box with port facing rear and subs up. This will be in a 08 tahoe.

Thanks

your aware of all the electrical upgrades your going to need right? for either option

Edited by RobClay

It depends on how much room you have. I would say going with the 4 Fi bls would be better but that also depends on how much power you are running to them. It also depends on what options you are getting with the subs, how many watts the amp(s) are going to be and if you are running extra batteries.

Correct me if im wrong.

either way he/she goes your going to need a H.O alt, big 3, multiple, and i mean multiple batteries. with all 1/0 wire.

that will cost you alot of money, first you should tell us how much you want to spend (Budget)...

Personally i would get a single Fi BTL 18" in a huge enclosure ported to 28Hz and a Sundown SAZ-3000D which will run about 1500 dollars all together if u make your own box.

loud daily pounder.

not including electrical upgrades or front stage.

I love the looks of the new body style (2007+) Tahoes...mmmmmm

Edited by johnecon2001
stop using bold, tard.

Yeah they sure are beautiful....... and I have a couple of yellow tops already and will run a couple of runs of 0 ga wiring. Big 3 will be done no doubt but this thing comes with a pretty beefy stock alt. Was thinking a couple of 2008D hifonics amps wired @ 1ohm. Also, money isn't really a problem and I am just really doing this for the wow factor. I already have 6 6inch kicker 2 way speakers and a kicker amp for the highs, figured that would get me by for now.

go with sundown amps, more reliable. they can be bought at this site ^ click shop up there

theres alot of bad stories about hifonics lately

Edited by RobClay

go with sundown amps, more reliable. they can be bought at this site ^ click shop up there

theres alot of bad stories about hifonics lately

Such as? I was really leaning towards them for of course price isn't bad and also I have had experience with there brand in the past.

amps "mysteriously" shutting off. circuit boards burning up "mysteriously" they put out rated power( most of them) but their usually not too reliable

I will also change that budget from it doesn't really matter to around 2k of course its going to be over but why not shoot for it.

amps "mysteriously" shutting off. circuit boards burning up "mysteriously" they put out rated power( most of them) but their usually not too reliable

Oh ok well any other suggestions besides sa? I know they are of fairly wide use on this forum. Kicker is over rated to me just their brand in general and haven't had good experience with pioneer, heard rockford was quite strong but never tried.

Edited by holley2346

Whats wrong with Sundown Audio? Rockfords are nice too...

Price, I mean just because you have the money to spend doesn't mean you should spend it :)

ROFL. You will spend more on a lesser quality Rockford amp than you will on a proven, overbuilt, relatively cheap amp with the best customer service in the biz.

Sundown for the win!

I am actually seriously considering sa, they just look tough. I have also read tons about them and just checked on pricing (which is much less than I thought it was). But now I am reconsidering the sub size. Is there going to be a noticeable difference in 4 15 bl's versus 18's? I really wouldn't mind saving the space, and I am thinking also tighter bass.

Edited by holley2346

2 18's would be perfect :) you wont regret it one bit

I am actually seriously considering sa, they just look tough. I have also read tons about them and just checked on pricing (which is much less than I thought it was). But now I am reconsidering the sub size. Is there going to be a noticeable difference in 4 15 bl's versus 18's? I really wouldn't mind saving the space, and I am thinking also tighter bass.

15"s wont have "tighter" bass than 18"s.

15"s 707 square inches of cone area, and 18"s will have 1020 sq. in. Cone area normally wins.

Well o you guys have any suggestions on the wall or normal box? And if so what way should the ports / subs be facing?

just a box. subs facing up port facing back

Well o you guys have any suggestions on the wall or normal box? And if so what way should the ports / subs be facing?

Uh, whatever is louder in your vehicle?

Thanks for the help guys, will make sure to start a thread in the build logs section when I start this thing. :)

Thanks for the help guys, will make sure to start a thread in the build logs section when I start this thing. :)

No problem.