DeadlyHertz

I like to call it "Maximum Excursion

Update:

Replaced interior carpen and I'm painting all interior plastic pannels to match

Painting the pannels Almond.

100_1180.jpg

100_1181.jpg

teplaced carpet with used carpet from a house. im sorry folks but i dont have the money to buy new carpet. so dumpster diving was the only way to go.

100_1184.jpg

decided it was time for a back up camera system so i started the console for the screen to mount in. im just going to build around the stock interior parts. probably going to paint this part black to match the area where the A/C controls and the HU are mounted. had debated using fiberglass to do the console but with all the extra OSB lating around the shop. i went that route instead. and besides. id hate to know the outcome of my fiberglass work.

100_1189.jpg

i know that in the next picture the wood on the left isnt streight but it will be with im done with it.

100_1191.jpg

btw. the backup system got changed up a lil.

may put an eq in it for my system as well. in the center console. have changed the design a little and am covering the headliner in a different color material.

this is kinda a before/after pic of the headliner. i folded the material to show what it looked like before. the light grey material is the new stuff.

100_1200.jpg

this is a picture of the leadliner completed. wrinkle free!

100_1202.jpg

this is a picture of the passenger side template for the side of the center console. its made of cardbord for now but it will soon be made of plywood and painted black to match the dash where the HU is

100_1203.jpg

hows it look so far?

in the morning, i will cover the second section of the headliner. i will have to cut out around my sunroof. its about half the size of that back section. FYI: this car is 13 years old and has almost 210,000 miles on it.

NOV 12 The idea about the eq in the console is still here but as for the back up camera, dont have the money to burn on it at the moment. I will fiberglass the console.

ok i finished the headliners today and the rest of the template for the center console.

this is so you can see the difference in color.

100_1204.jpg

this is the finished product.

100_1207.jpg

100_1208.jpg

got some money and started fixing the door pannels where they were busted!

buildlog007.jpg

buildlog008.jpg

buildlog005.jpg

in these bext pics, i covered the holes where the seatbelt mounted for the rear seat. covered them with fibeglass too! will have more door panel pictures up tomorrow!

buildlog004.jpg

buildlog002.jpg

buildlog001.jpg

more pics of the pods.

doorpods010.jpg

doorpods011.jpg

doorpods014.jpg

now i have to build a floor in the back of the van to hold the ginormous box of 12 12s tuned to 30Hz.! and i have to modify the box for my batts!

doorpods017.jpg

doorpods016.jpg

I say fiberglass the console, but that's just me ;)

this was a few weeks ago

the fruits of todays labors are:

finished the door pods. now all theres left to do is the body filler work and the sanding. then i have to fix with resin and mat where the gap is b/w the pods and the door pannels.

this is the pod for the passengers side door pannel!

maximumexcursion003.jpg

this is both the pods side by side so you can see the drivers side and passegers side pods are almost, very close to allike in size.

maximumexcursion005.jpg

next, i had to build a false floor in the back of my van to support the sub box. this will probably be the largest box ive ever built. also the first ported box.

maximumexcursion006.jpg

this is where i had to modify the rear interior pannels to take the 3foot wide frame.

maximumexcursion007.jpg

if you look down to the left of the 1x4 board, you can see where i had to cut the pannel so that the rame would fit snugly b/w toe 2.

that frame was only 3 feet wide so i has some waisted space b/w the doors and the rail so heres what i did:

maximumexcursion008.jpg

the pannel had to come out for thw wheel well so the frame couldnt come all the way to the edge of the car. i didnt want to waist this room vuz it would prob make a good place for an amp rack or somethingsense ill prob be pushing b/w 12-18,000wattsa rms in the end. the picture above^^^ gives a better description of what i did. i will cover that floor with 1/2 inch OSB or Oriental Strand Board and on top of that, the samecarpet thats on the floor of the car.

i had to modify the floor a lil cuz the door pannel smacked the floor when i closed the door. much easier than rebuilding thedoor pannel which would have been more fun

Edited by WGSJ_FortValley

here are more pics of the floor.

maximumexcursion009.jpg

maximumexcursion010.jpg

maximumexcursion010.jpg

i have painted a majority of the interior "Almond" to match the carpet.

now for the ginormous speaker box:

this will be made from 1" MDF and will probably double it up. and also have a double baffle. i dont know how many cubic feet it will be yet but i know it will come up to the window level which is a good 2-1/2 feet from the false floor. will probably weigh arround 300pounds with subs and MDF. i will have to double up those 1x4s that are the rails for the false floor.

this box will have a slot port facing the rear of the car and will betuned to 30Hz fpr as much SPL as possible.

it was either 12 12"s or 8 18"s and 12" subs are cheaper.

will have cooling fans on the amps. hopefully possible maybe.

oh, forgot to mension that i also started the tweeter pods on the top of the door pannels.

the drivers side is the only one i have started.

maximumexcursion002.jpg

i am planning on a fusion component set with tweeters and mids and x-overs.

this was NOV 4th

today is my 18tgh birthday and they gave me a red top optima battery

weighs 37 pounds and 8unces!

wiringaccessories008.jpg

wiringaccessories009.jpg

thats all for now. this build log is from another forum so its not all here. just the posts that were easy to copy made it here.

today, i ordered about 20feet of 4/0ga wire to run the red top to the front batt. i have a 1/0 that ill use for ground to the front battery.

next month i wanna get an Excessive Amperage HO 200amp Alt. powter coated red.

please leave any comments about the build.

cool. thanks. hows it lookin so far?

fiberglassing the console is what i had in mind.

nice build so far and happy birthday :)

thanx man. check back often. i work this all the time. wanna use the van as advertisement for my shop

cool. thanks. hows it lookin so far?

fiberglassing the console is what i had in mind.

It looks really, really, LOUD already. Good luck with the rest and happy 18th.

thanx man. check back often. i work this all the time. wanna use the van as advertisement for my shop

ye i will, this is going to be an interesting build. it already is

yea. idk if anyone has ever attempted 12 12s. and whats up with these Google adds?

A guy by the name of Frankie Rio has 12 12"s in a sedan, he runs Fi. What amps and subs are you getting?

yea. idk if anyone has ever attempted 12 12s. and whats up with these Google adds?

A guy by the name of Frankie Rio has 12 12"s in a sedan, he runs Fi. What amps and subs are you getting?

could u link me to some pics or something?

as far as subs and amps, idk yet lets get that far first. prob some Memphis or hifonics brutus. as far as amps idk.

could u link me to some pics or something?

as far as subs and amps, idk yet lets get that far first. prob some Memphis or hifonics brutus. as far as amps idk.

I only have this pic, it's when he had 12" Kicker CVX's

Frankie_Rio_KickerCVXs.jpg

This video is of him bassboxing, I believe he has Fi Q's in this.

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

gives me something to look forward to. he hit 160's with that?

I'm not sure what he does dB drag.

cant wait to get mine beating some tunez. im open to sub and amp suggestions. just keep it reasonable im not donald trump

he hit a 161.4 outlaw at db drag world finals demoing..... he also changed companies and went to crossfires... but those were fi's in that vid...