Sign in to follow this  
Smanleyman

which battery?

I guess i've decided to get a new battery, and need to know what is adequate and still cheap for my system...

I have a clarion 1500 watt amp and stock battery under the hood in a 2000 honda accord.

If I run a second battery to the trunk is a kinetik hc800 enough to get the job done(stay above at least 11v) or do I need more and who makes the best cheap batteries?

My local shop has a used stinger sp1700 out of their demo van for only 200, that may be the way to go but im hoping to spend less if possible

Please and thanks for replies

Stinger makes a good battery, if you can afford that.. go ahead. More to the point though, there are more batteries to be had for the money that are just as good and possibly bigger.

Check out the SSA Store for the Powermaster batteries that are there, you get a discount when you add them to your cart.

I run two of them in my trunk.

And they are pretty go batteries,on a

pair of BL 12'' bxi-2008 at full tilt no dimming (lights)

If you aren't concerned with weight or size (it is going in the trunk, right?) You can get the biggest battery Walmart sells that is well over 1000CCA, and return it for free every time it gets a little weak for about 3 years........ That is better price and performance than you can get with any "Car audio" battery under a few hundred bucks, LOL.....

Might be about $100 or less...

Powermaster are the best!!But if your ona budget check here

http://www.remybattery.com/Products/Deka-I...9A31__9A31.aspx

IIRC the carquest AGM batterys are made by Deka and essintially the same thing for a little less $

And i would not do a standard lead acid battery in a trunk the gases they put off can be hazordous and explosive

If you went Kinetik you should go an HC1200 or bigger for a 1500 watt amp. 800 imo is too small.

yea i was also gonna say that...or go with yellow tops..they do the job also...optimas

If you went Kinetik you should go an HC1200 or bigger for a 1500 watt amp. 800 imo is too small.

yea i was also gonna say that...or go with yellow tops..they do the job also...optimas

No.. not really.

i was just saying but ill go kinetik over optimas...