SpeakerBoy

nitro audio

Your envisioned "sound quality" will not come from 28hz. It will not come from the factory cassette deck. It will not come from $56 pioneer subwoofers.

Things you should do first:

1) buy a new head unit - Pioneer units are great, the DEH-6000UB would be a great start.

2) Most rap doesn't have frequencies lower than 35hz. Tune to something around that, OR whatever pioneer recommends.

the fact that almost no one is likely to steal a radio out of a '99 ford, is my reason. i am amping the doors, and tweets. so power isnt an issue. i just cant afford to replace anything if it is stolen.

i am tuning to 30. no questions. i know why i am doing it. and if you think that all i listen to is one type of music, i have to call you wrong.

and the fact that the woofers are 56 bucks, is no concern to you. i have heard those woofers in the same box i am having made. 4.0@30hz and they are excellent for my purposes. so no. i am not going to bow in and spend a kagillion on woofers of your choice. i have already decided this is alot of money to be spending on a darn near 10 year old car. if and when i get a new one, sure, i will upgrade from factory, and do all that good stuff. but not now. hell that HU is worth more than the car!

Edit: sorry if i come across angry... i haven't been sleeping much, doctor is adjusting A.D.D. meds and whatnot.

Edited by DeepSubBoy

well, really the only thing you are putting in your car that you CANT take out is the deadening

HU, speaks, subs, batteries....all of it can be taken back out and replaced with stock.

and alot of HU's have removable face plates

yea, it is kinda weird putting in a bunch of equipment that rivals the book value of the car itself, but honestly, if that is your concern, you should be saving up for a new car....not audio equipment (i know you aren't im just trying to make a point)

More than likely the SSF on that amp wont even go to 25hz. So tuning that low would just be stupid. 31~33hx in a contour is more of a good frequency to tune to. Most songs dont even have a 26hz note.

More than likely the SSF on that amp wont even go to 25hz. So tuning that low would just be stupid. 31~33hx in a contour is more of a good frequency to tune to. Most songs dont even have a 26hz note.

is 30 still reasonable?

Can I first ask why you want so low of a tuned frequency?

i am just afraid that i will lose the very low lows. other than that no other real reason