Sign in to follow this  
lithium

alarm draining battery???

i had a hornet security system installed in my car, baught and installed at circuit city... its been in almost a year now.

last weekend my car sat for 2 days while i was visiting my gf. alarm was armed, no light were left on. battery was dead. i thought it was the cold so i took it to walmart, they tested it and said it could be going bad. my dad bought a new battery and all was fine. like i said i thought it was the cold weather giving it a hard time. so anyways last night i accidentally armed the alarm (not knowing if it was the draining the battery or if previous battery was just dying on its own) and my battery was dead. (armed saturday night and battery was dead Monday morning)...

im calling out the alarm on this one. i didn't install myself. didn't really want to mess with it. im still relatively new to this kind of thing.

ive called circuit city and ill be taking it up there to have them look at it. (for free)

any advice?

additional info:

-car- 2000 olds intrigue

-audio- cheap ass chitty sony deck

-front stage- kx250.2 and pg components

-sub stage- AA arsenal and kenwood excelon amp

-cap- 1.2 farad tsunami

-wiring- kicker 4gauge

ok, well in my experience of installing alarms...they do have constant power on them...but they shouldnt pull hardly anything with the alarm armed or not ? If you think its the alarm then it is most assured gone bad. But dont put the blame on the alarm just yet...think back to see if you had anything else done to your car...alternator, amplifier, radio, etc........Problem could be elsewhere.....

Edited by 4runner

uber connection problem. sorry wow thats not what i ment to do. my bad

close this one please