Boone11

Need Opinions...

Well im just starting to learn about the car audio scene...i have a 1999 Jeep Cherokee stock and trying to find the best setup i can get for under a grand for just the sub and amp...hopefully without having to upgrade the electrical alot... i think it would be best to go wit a single sub instead of spending more on 2 subs and cheaper amp...figured better amp would be worth it in the long run..so either looking for one 12" or a 15" sub, space ain't a issue...i mainly listen to rap and r&b...basicly im looking to get a nice clear sub that has plenty of bass wen i want it, not looking for SPL just a good quality daily driver...probally going to go with a ported box also...i was looking mainly at Fi BL or Q series sub..also a friend of mine is selling a 12" W7 that i could grab off him for about 300...or maybe even a boston acoustic SPG555 sub haven't decided yet...

And as for a amp i was looking at either a sundown amp or most likely one of these...

http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/Shop/Co...sid/0/SFV/30046

http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/Shop/Co...r_by/sell_price

I am open to any suggestions... this is just wat i thought might work well with my budget... i personally have never heard any Fi Audio subs yet so looking to get anyones advice...any help i can get on wat my best option would be to go with and also any other parts that i might need to upgrade if i wanna run any of these setups is greatly appretiated...thanks

PS: Wat Options are best to put on the BL subs if i do get one....

I really like my 10'' BL. It sounds good on all types of music. Of course there are a lot better sounding subs out there, but the BL is a great daily sub. I have the p-chamfer, universal, and daily options on mine and it takes 1000w no problem. A $1000 budget for subs and amp can get you a great sounding and loud setup. I'd suggest you pick up the SAZ1500d, 12'' or 15'' of your choice, and use the rest of the budget to do the big 3 and maybe a battery if necessary.

Mine sounds awesome and im right at a grand. Fi Q or Bl is a great choice with a saz1500d. Pick up a yellow top or a good kinetic battery and you should be set.

wheres a good site to get a saz1500d from...havent found any cheap... is that a better amp than the massive audios?

I would have no problem buying a refurb from db-r. they still carry a one year warranty, that is longer then most manufactures brand new.

That is a difficult one.

you could get a dual 1 ohm coil and series the coils for a 2 ohm load should get about 900 watts out of if then you have the option to add a second if you wanted.

Or you could get a dual 2 ohm coil and parallel the coils and adjust gains accordingly.

ya thats the part im clueless about lol... the whole ohms...im gonna have to find a site to look into it... with way that u mentioned would get the best outta that amp, in ur opinion...

also does anyone kno the differance in the new and old heatsink design on the SAZ-1500D....and is it worth spending the extra 25 bucks or no...thanks

You could put more power to the bl going with the D2 wired to one ohm, but then you will need to be careful not to over power it.

Myself I would go with D1 wired in series to 2 ohms with the possibility to add a second. You should be able to get a good 800 - 900 watts out of the 1500 at 2ohms which is enough to power to bl

Edit, New heat sink has more material to dissipate heat better. I don't recall if it has any extra crossover options added though.

Edited by bromo

ya i figured the new heatsink would be better but that site for refurbished amps is sold out of the new series... just have the old series left..

Hell the old heatsinks are good too.

Just go with the old heatsink refurb you will be glad you did.

Anything sundown makes is good.

ya i think im gonna go with the old one while they have one...how do u guys think the 12" BL compares with a 12" W7? and would u guys think going with a 15" BL instead would be worth while since i got the space and price isnt much more...

ya i think im gonna go with the old one while they have one...how do u guys think the 12" BL compares with a 12" W7? and would u guys think going with a 15" BL instead would be worth while since i got the space and price isnt much more...

With JL Audio you are pretty much paying for the name.

I mean the W7's are good woofers too but I would pick the BL any day.

Go with the 15 if your trying to get loud.

well my cousin is trying to sell my his 12" W7... and a 2000watt pioneer amp for $400...thinking if it would be best to grab it off him or not...im really leaning towards the BL...even though i have never heard one yet... i

It it were a W6 I would go for it, but W7's are very over rated.

alright so it looks like im going to get the sundown saz-1500d... with a BL sub... now should i just go with the 15" since its only 20bucks more and will get louder overall? my only worry about it is will the sound clarity get worse since its a 15" not a 12".... just wondering cause i heard the smaller th esub the snappier it is and usually the clearer... thanks for all ur help by the way guys...

There have been long drawn out arguments about "tighter" sounding bass and smaller woofers.

But I believe it's not true, the 15 will sound just as good as the 12.