lamchop_8

Picking amps

I need to know what amp is better for my 18'' fi.btl between these two

!!!NEW!!! AudioQue (AQ3500D):700 Shipped

http://www.audioque.com/aq/AQ3500D.htm

http://www.audioque.com/aq/images/AQ3500D/AQ3500Dguts.jpg

OR

(1) Sundown (SAZ300D):[REFURBISHED] BY:DB-R (720 Shipped)

(Comes With)

.Original Box

.Bass Remote

.Copy Of Owners

.Warranty Card

.1-Year Warranty (From Db-r Electronics)

http://www.db-r.com/sell/store/images2/ra/...-3000D-04lg.jpg

Which amp should I choose???

I second the Sundown, it doesn't get better than an under rated, overbuilt amp with a warranty and excellent customer service vs. the horror storied Ive heard about AudioQue amps.

Jake's customer service and technical prowess + Chris @ db-r = Sundown hands down!

Sundown.... :drink40:

Jake's customer service and technical prowess + Chris @ db-r = Sundown hands down!

Sundown.... :drink40:

x2. i have purchased two of chris' refurb amps, one is a sundown 1500, and the price/service is unbeatable.

:drink40:

Hell yeah...SUNDOWN. You will be lucky to get a good deal on a an amp from dBr. they work just as good refurbished there.

I'd go for Sundown. Considering there is no product shot of the heatsink and you know that there is very good support behind the amplfier, its an easy decision to make.

Check the sundown power testing here: http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/i...?showtopic=7900

Personally, the look of the Sundown is very smart and sublime without being overly garish or flashy. The looks certainly fit well with numerous system designs and your BTL will love it.

I'll be running a 3000D very soon with a RE MT18 in 8cu ft in my work car - theoretical numbers have the MT sitting around 150 odd for burps.

If you run the sundown and know your res freq of the blazer, i'd be willing to take the time to design a box specifically for your car and predict some numbers for you :)

Do you really expect to get an answer other than Sundown on the Sundown forum?

I was thinkin the same thing.

Do you really expect to get an answer other than Sundown on the Sundown forum?

Nuff said/

Actually guys, I was being unbiased in my opinion even though I am a distributor of sundown.

The Audioque pushes out the numbers, but at 14.4v. Jacobs numbers are done at 12.8V testing. Unregulated power supply means that output goes up as voltage goes up.

Hence why I provided the testing post as the real numbers are closer than expected.

Then I looked at the aesthetic side of life with a chitty pic of the Audioque guts. That doesn't tell me anything about the amp and if it would integrate with an install well or even look good. It could be just a plain heatsink and look like chit, or it could look bloody great, but I don't know that because they don't have a decent product pic.

Its $20 difference between teh audioque and the sundown. I know what the sundown looks like vs the guts of an amp and I know the power output difference @ 14.4V is around 250 - 300W - we dont' know the power ratings at 13.8 or 12.8V on the audioque so its not as easy to compare output.

As for support, i know that Jacob @ Sundown and Chris @ DB-R are focussed on providing a more personalised service.

For me that is more important knowing that they are accessible, even though they are very busy people, if i have questions or queries.

For $20 more, having soemthing that I know looks good, pulls numbrs and has good support wins the day.. nuff said.

Both are very stout amps. I have never tested the AQ but I have tested many other amps and I still love the Sundown product.