holley2346

4 15's or 2 18's

After throwing my original plan around for 4 18 inch bl's I decided I just don't want everything to be packed in so tight. I need some room. So I have a question..... Either 4 fi bl 15's or 2 btl 18's. Either setup will be powered by 2 hifonics 2608d's.

Help is appreciated. :)

Perhaps explaining to us your space would be good...

We don't do this vs that questions here because they're pretty stupid to be blunt. Everything is relative, and there are too many variables to be able to tell you what will "hit" harder.

Perhaps explaining to us your space would be good...

We don't do this vs that questions here because they're pretty stupid to be blunt. Everything is relative, and there are too many variables to be able to tell you what will "hit" harder.

*Flashback to Christopher Walken and fat boy slim video. You can go with this or you can go with that* :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

Edited by bromo

ooooo boy.. i have alot of questions... but indeed john.. first thing is first.

08 tahoe..... roughly 4 ft wide 3.5 ft front to back 2 ft high. Box will be tuned @ 30 hz. Port back subs up. 2 yellow tops in the back knukonceptz 0 ga. wire.

Edited by holley2346

I doubt your amps will survive long on a stock alternator and two yellow tops.

You definitely have enough space for either setup, with that tuning though, two 18" BTL's would be the most impressive.

im gonna go out on a limb vote 2 15 inch bl's.

like i said im gonna go out on that limb this is gonne be your first big build with subs you have never heard before?

and why those amps? do already own them?

if not you should really shop around... lets talk amp budget.

Goals? Budget? Music you listen to?

I would get 2 18"s!!!

plus, the new Tahoes are SEXY AS HELL!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Jason907

I listen to mostly rap, why hifonics? I have had experience with them in the past. Not the same amps. But I was happy with them especially with that price. Was looking to spend around $800 on amps. I am a little flexible with pricing give or take a couple of hundred. Was going to go sundown but decided against it. The stock alt is pretty beefy, but I am aware of the fact I'll need a h.o. alt to really have it set right... thanks for the input.

Edited by holley2346

why not sundown?

you can pick up a refurb for around 800 or less..... but even 1100 is a great price for the kinda of amp that the saz 3000d is....

trust me you wont be let down.

i have own many of amps... even a hifonics goliath..... sundown wins everytime.... hands down.

but dont take my word for it.... ask people who own a sundown.

A refurb of what? A 3000d? But the prices are a large sum above the funds I have available. I have heard a lot about them, but for 1600 dollars just in amps.... really hard to write that check.

if you get the 2 18 inch bl's all you need is one saz 3000d....... and then you only need to buy one.... so its not a 160o buck check its only an 800 dollar check

I pretty much have high intentions for 2 loaded 18" btl's. Pretty much am about 99 percent sure.

Any recommendations for highs/mids. Thought about possibly doing a l7 8 in the center console for a mid bass for the front. I already have kicker 2 ways on hand, but wouldn't mind upgrading.

Edited by holley2346

sundown SAZ-3000D is only 800-900 dollars here! it would be good for 2 btls

Are you suggesting one 3000D for two btl's?

Do you disagree?

I was just asking for clarification..... I guess that would be a good route. Start with 1 for now then buy another when I get enough money.... How will they perform being underpowered a bit?

There is no such thing as "underpowering" they dont NEED 3000 watts, plus theres not a big difference in 1500 and 3kW

who know's. they always have it posted how many they have so keep checking on it from time to time

Thanks.... any suggestions for those mids / highs? Was thinking just keeping it looking stock in the doors and mounting 4 in the back facing forward maybe on top of the amp rack or something.

plus theres not a big difference in 1500 and 3kW

What? :blink:

There is 1500 watts difference.