Nikuk

How's this look

So the Mag that is coming is going to need a worthy home in April's alero.

I'm thinking:

ALEROmagbox-web.jpg

Shooting for 1.75ft^3, ported to 32hz with 18in^2 of port. Only going to feed her ~600rms @ 4ohm (Lanzar Vibe).

Woofer in the rear corner, port running fwd and venting into the center, amp (the white thingy) frenched into the glass 'in front of' the port.

Coo?

-Nick

If you don't carry anything wide, go for it. Access to the spare should be pretty easy too - that's a good design.

It was wasted space in my trunk, but now it serves a purpose.

If you don't carry anything wide, go for it.  Access to the spare should be pretty easy too - that's a good design.

It was wasted space in my trunk, but now it serves a purpose.

I'm trying to keep the spare & the bulk of the cargo area open for her. This way would actually open up more space then her current cubic box.

I think I'd do it the same. Keep the majority of space open. Easy access to the spare. What more could you ask for?

I think I'd do it the same.  Keep the majority of space open.  Easy access to the spare.  What more could you ask for?

koo, thanks.

I think its a good idea, but its hard to see with out the equpiment there to have final measurements

I think its a good idea, but its hard to see with out the equpiment there to have final measurements

bah... i'm not worrie. I know i'll have the airspace, I had played with this idead for the Grand Am i had... same N-body.

I was just trying to put up some car audio related threads. Sorry

Would you wanna do the sub on the right glassed and then the amp on the other side with an amp rack ?

What type of car is this going in?

Title of thread: How's this look, for the Alero

Post #1: Shooting for 1.75ft^3, ported to 32hz with 18in^2 of port. Only going to feed her ~600rms @ 4ohm (Lanzar Vibe).

Post #5: I'm trying to keep the spare & the bulk of the cargo area open for her. This way would actually open up more space then her current cubic box.

:glare:

Putting the amp on the opposite side makes more space.

Function over form seems to be the case here.

Looks like a nice plan. I've got a 96 Regal (almost the same car as the Alero) and although cargo space isnt a major concern, I may go with 'glass for the enclosure. Keep us updated...

Just a few questions for you...

1. Size/model of subwoofer?

2. Dimensions of the amp?

1. New Stereo Integrity 12" magnum

2. 11.5"W x 2.3"H

did you think about inverting ??

LOL... Yes, very much so.... but I need to save space. As it is, I'm trying to think of a rig to cover the sub; grill style.

LOL... Yes, very much so.... but I need to save space. As it is, I'm trying to think of a rig to cover the sub; grill style.

DO you want it to actually Protect the driver or just for cover?

got some chit done. amp's not going on the box anymore... she wants it to remain on the back seatback.

All done, need to make final test fit; filler up with water; install port; carpet; bolt in. Amp should be here end of next week - Orion 1200D.

DSCN1704.jpg

DSCN1705.jpg

DSCN1706.jpg

-Nick