Sign in to follow this  
vj226966

FI BTL SUBS POWER RATING?

Ive been looking at these subs hard and on there site all of there subs,12-18 have 2000rms.What is there peak?

Just out of curiosity, why is that important to you?

its odd to me that a 12" sub has the same power handling as a 15 or a 18" sub.Im trying to decide what route to go on my new build.I havent had a system in over 15 years and just got permission from my wife"lol".

its not odd at all. thats their rms, they can handle quite a bit more.

the reason for the same power handling between the different sizes is because they all use the same motor,coils,ect.for power handling people have ran as much as 4k rms to a btl but u have to know what ur doing with that much power.id say get a fully loaded btl and give it 3k rms and you,the sub,and maybe even the wife will be happy

cone size has nothing to do with power handling....its in the motor.

each version of the btl has the same motor...which is why they all have the same power ratings. and i dont know of any CONFIRMED max wattage you can put to one of these....meade runs about 5-6k to his(i think)...and some people run only 2k.

it all depends.

Edited by ChiTownTBird312

thank you that helps me out alot.i got one shot at this and i wanna do it right.you guys been great! :bigclap:

Ive been looking at these subs hard and on there site all of there subs,12-18 have 2000rms.What is there peak?

What standard?

I know they are at least 10,000 peak at 125ms, 20,000 peak at 62.5ms....

i know they are pretty efficiant (spelling) and ive seen troy jones videos on youtube with 4 btls ran off of 1 memphis 4kw and it looke pretty stout so it all depends on intall like always

What standard?

I know they are at least 10,000 peak at 125ms, 20,000 peak at 62.5ms....

Do you have idea if those driver peaks were determined in the proper specced enclosure, or measured free-air/open-baffle?

I pulled them out of my rear-end....

Just as all peak ratings are....