Sign in to follow this  
vj226966

2 15 fi btl fully loaded box in 96 chevy 1500 ext cab.

now im confused.Every speaker has a rms and a peak rating.To me that means if you speaker has a rms of lets say 200 watts and a peak ao 400 watts i would not want to run anything that puts more than 400 watts. Am i correct?How can Steave Mead run 20,000 some odd watts to 4 18s?Im not trying to sound stupid but i kinow you cant over power or under power.So would 2 18Btls that are 2 ohm wired to a Saz3000 produce a 1ohm load sending 3000 watts to both or would it be 1500?Do you see were im going?Would i get more spl from 2 15s and 3000 watts or 2 18s and 3000 watts.This is were im confused.Sorry for all the post im just trying to plan this out the right way.

the motors are the same, hence the same power handling. i disregard power ratings to a certain degree. from what i've seen, a lot of people recommend AT LEAST 2kw for btl's...dont quote me on that though. you can run as much power as you'd like to a sub...it depends on the box size, port area, tuning, what you're playing, etc...but make sure you have a CLEAN signal. speakers' enemy is heat. either in the form of overpowering or underpowering. not to be a dick, but i see a lot of these questions all the time, and imo, people that need to ask this type of stuff shouldn't be playing with btl's and 1000's of watts of power.

anyway, the 3000d should work okay, but don't get too carried away with the gain or bass boost

Lot of helpfull read there man.So i guess it would work.Thank you again.I still would to hear from other people as well.Thanks again and i didnt want to tick anyone off.

I suggest you don't go over the RMS of the subs unless you know what your doing.

the motors are the same, hence the same power handling. i disregard power ratings to a certain degree. from what i've seen, a lot of people recommend AT LEAST 2kw for btl's...dont quote me on that though. you can run as much power as you'd like to a sub...it depends on the box size, port area, tuning, what you're playing, etc...but make sure you have a CLEAN signal. speakers' enemy is heat. either in the form of overpowering or underpowering. not to be a dick, but i see a lot of these questions all the time, and imo, people that need to ask this type of stuff shouldn't be playing with btl's and 1000's of watts of power.

anyway, the 3000d should work okay, but don't get too carried away with the gain or bass boost

thanks for the reply.The last time i had a "system",i was like 20 years old and now im 36.I had 2 12 Cerwin Vegas with a Soundstream a600.That was the chit back in the day.There is alot of new stuff out there now and im trying to school myself thats all.I love this stuff"car audio",keeps me out of trouble"lol"

how much of a problem will i have runnin a rockford fosgate t3001bd using a suralast gold in the front and a kinetic 1800 in the back? including the big 3 and all 1/0 awg

Peak power is not a rating, dont even pay attention to it.

You have a big system planned which is going to require electrical upgrades because your 96 has a 100-110 amp alternator which is not enough. It seems to me that you have no idea what you are getting yourself into...but we are here to help, and might I suggest providing us goals, fabrication skills, type of music you listen to, BUDGET etc...