Sign in to follow this  
JazzScreamer

Crossover HELP!

Hey guys. I'm trying to finish this before tomorrow and I'm stuck with part of the crossover schematic. I know his may be simple, but I think I'm thinking too much. I have the tweet part figured out. My problem is with the woofers.

Question: Do I solder the 14.0mH, 8.0mH, and the 1.5mH leads together?

Hey guys. I'm trying to finish this before tomorrow and I'm stuck with part of the crossover schematic. I know his may be simple, but I think I'm thinking too much. I have the tweet part figured out. My problem is with the woofers.

Question: Do I solder the 14.0mH, 8.0mH, and the 1.5mH leads together? Do the other leads on the inductors (14.0mH, 8.0mH, and the 1.5mH) get connected to the (-) end of things.

In general, I'm confused about wiring the woofers on this crossover. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

crossover.jpg

Yes, one lead on each of those inductors will go to the (+) input on those. Now keep in mind you will want to space the inductors as far apart as possible (6-8" or thereabouts is possible) and rotate them 90* to each other to minimize the effect they will have on each other.