durban

IXL 12

Just ordered can't wait for it to arrive. It's gonna be in center console of my Dodge 2500 Quad Cab Diesel. Does anyone have experience with this driver ported? Please share your thoughts. I've read the reviews of IXL just seeing if anyone else has any thoughts. ;)

I do. I loved it. It gave me everything I could ask for and more. Personally its my new benchmark driver.

I had the 10 and 12 in ported boxes. The 12 was more my Basshead style, but the 10 perfectly blended with my system.

Cool that exactly what I'm looking for. One driver, sounds very good with a little kick! What size was your 12 box?

Mine was 2.2 cubes @ 35hz. The tuning was perfect but the box was too big for the full 1000rms I fed it.

Now depending on how much power you have, I would recommed 1.6-1.8 cubic feet after all displacements.

Ok thanks. I gave Mark numbers of box dimensions that I have to work with and he came back with a box of 1.75 after displacement tuned to 32Hz, which sounds like what your recommending. Now on my amp and power issue. Thats a hard one for me because it's a US Amps 100HC. I'm not really sure what this amp does, it's rated at 800 @ 1 ohm. Now a friend of mine use to be a dealer for them back in the day and he said that is should do around 1400. To me that sounds like one hell of a cheater amp. He said he's seen many of them benched and always around that number. Highest was 1500 and change. He did say that that amp was custom ordered had bigger than usual power supplies. I guess you could do that back in the day and get some crazy numbers. I'm guessing if this amp is just your normal 100HC, which nothing tells me different, I'm thinking around 1100-1200. Maybe I'll find someone who can bench it and find out just for giggles. Who knows it's ten years old maybe it will crap out on me and I'll be in the market for a new one. lol. Hoping that it will pair nicely with the IXL and blend good with my front stage.

Congrats, nice choice. I can't wait to see how it turns out. any questions give me a call.

:) :)