gldnbuddy

Which box for IA Lethal Injections?

Got 2-12" Lethal Injections coming. 600W rated rms, they'll be getting 600Wrms ea. @2ohms. Displacement .13.

Sealed or ported?

Flared or rectangular ports?

Internal volume?

Two chambers or one?

Does port size determine tuning freq.?

Edited by buttmonkey

Something around 4ft^3@30-33Hz should be sufficient if your going ported. Personally I would just do a slot port enclosure.

What are your goals? how much space do you have to work with?

Something around 4ft^3@30-33Hz should be sufficient if your going ported. Personally I would just do a slot port enclosure.

What are your goals? how much space do you have to work with?

Space is not an issue (Tahoe). But I would rather leave some room in the back. Why do I keep reading that sealed is better. I'm looking for the best of both worlds-Low bass w/ wide freq. range. Is that 4ft^3 one chamber or 2@2? Where do I find proper port size for tuning? Will the sub specs. tell me when I get them?

Whats up w/ tubular boxes-any advantages or disadvantages?

Common chamber, you don't want to mess with several slot ports.

I believe you are talking about aeroports? They are easier to work with, and if you do them right you have no port noise.

I agree with the 4 cuft total internal volume. Subs up port back will work well in your vehicle too. I do however reccomend using the aeroports over a slot port. They tend to sound better in daily applications, and I have seen increases in spl by using a flared port over a non flared one. If you were to do a slot make sure you do a kerfed flare at the exit of the port to cut down on noise and turbulence. It will also help your spl some. Maybe for those drivers around 20 sqin of port per sub, unless you plan on tuning super low. Then I'd say something like 28-38 sqin of port total for both subs.

I would say it's a hopeless case until your specs arrive. Whithout specs, you cannot really tell if ported or sealed would be your best option to start with. Do post the specs on arrival, am interested in these drivers, but need the specs to see if interest should stay or go.

Let me know if you need an amp for them!

Right now I'm set on a Hifonics BX1208D amp, 1200Wrms @2ohm. I haven't heard bad things about them and I have a credit with the vendor so I can get it for about $100. What did you have in mind. Subs are rated at 600rms.

I would say it's a hopeless case until your specs arrive. Whithout specs, you cannot really tell if ported or sealed would be your best option to start with. Do post the specs on arrival, am interested in these drivers, but need the specs to see if interest should stay or go.

Should recieve them around the 3rd. I'll post specs. I'm thinking about building a 100% 3/4" plexiglass enclosure so I can add neon. Will that affect sound quality compared to carpeted MDF?

I agree with the 4 cuft total internal volume. Subs up port back will work well in your vehicle too. I do however reccomend using the aeroports over a slot port. They tend to sound better in daily applications, and I have seen increases in spl by using a flared port over a non flared one. If you were to do a slot make sure you do a kerfed flare at the exit of the port to cut down on noise and turbulence. It will also help your spl some. Maybe for those drivers around 20 sqin of port per sub, unless you plan on tuning super low. Then I'd say something like 28-38 sqin of port total for both subs.

Port at the top or bottom, or vertical in middle? Or does it matter?

Should recieve them around the 3rd. I'll post specs. I'm thinking about building a 100% 3/4" plexiglass enclosure so I can add neon. Will that affect sound quality compared to carpeted MDF?

The material won't matter so much for resonation. You do realize how expensive 3/4" Plexi will be right?

The material won't matter so much for resonation. You do realize how expensive 3/4" Plexi will be right?

OK Scratch that idea!

Port at the top or bottom, or vertical in middle? Or does it matter?

I would do ports at the bottom for aeros and also at the bottom for a slot. You could also try verticle in the middle for a slot port too. Like I said I reccomend aeros, but a slot would work well if it is flared. Personally I'd like to see a verticle slot port flared on each side. I think that would look pretty cool, and it would be loud as well. If you were using more of an spl driver I'd say do more port area and possibly just ports at the bottom of the box, but since it's for daily you can do a few other options without worrying about losing a few tenths on a meter.