fritosaregood

4 E8's with a 15" PR

its real nice im all into passive radiators..i was wondering not to bash the install at all.i was wondering how much sundown would charge to cone that 15 for so they all match???..but it is a awesome install..
all u would need is a dustcap..but keep in mind that the added weight would change the tuning

its real nice im all into passive radiators..i was wondering not to bash the install at all.i was wondering how much sundown would charge to cone that 15 for so they all match???..but it is a awesome install..
all u would need is a dustcap..but keep in mind that the added weight would change the tuning

hmm how he get the mass of thhe cone??in that case maybe a decal

Interesting :)

i would like to see you build a box with an equivalent size slot vent and same air space, to compare output

-Drew

i may build a regular ported box for it eventually, but with a passiver radiator there is no port noise and no extra volume to add a port. so id say the PR is already the winner

edit: i should be takin this to a comp on may 30. im goin to test it at 800 watts at 4 ohms on the sundown.. then burp then with 3000watts at 1 ohm. I saw the vid on youtube of jacob playin with them in a wall socket and they lasted forever with about 700watts to each one.

Edited by fritosaregood

hmm how he get the mass of thhe cone??in that case maybe a decal

I got lucky on gettin the mass right for this box. I started lookin around to find a scale to measure in grams.(this lead the ppl at lowes to think i was a drug dealer or somethin), then got a long bolt i was gonna use to add weight, and add washers to the bolt to get the exact mass i needed. I was goin to cut a few 3" mdf circles to attach in the voice coil and put the bolt through that. Once i started to tune the box in winisd i wanted to get it at 30hz as reccomended, and i started figuring the volume of the port and mass of air in the port and came up with about 380something grams for the mass i would need. And me being so lucky and all, the cone mass was already 390grams. So i didnt have to do anything but attach the original top assembly to the box, it tuned it to 29.5something, close enough for me.