casedawg350

hifonics amp with ssd

I'd stick with the one you chose originally if you have an SSD.

I'd stick with the one you chose originally if you have an SSD.

well i mean if it only pushes 700 and the sub can handle at least a 1000...

that amp will be fine.. just watch your gain keep it below 3/4's and keep your bass settings in the - on the deck you should be fine.

that amp will be fine.. just watch your gain keep it below 3/4's and keep your bass settings in the - on the deck you should be fine.

alright. thanks for the tip. but keep it in the negatives!? and if i have this stuff hooked up, i can turn everything down to where you wont even realize the sub is there right?

i had my 12" ssd with bp and the flatwound coil on a bxi1206d with no problems.

i had my 12" ssd with bp and the flatwound coil on a bxi1206d with no problems.

alright thanks.

It all depends on the box.

And no matter where the gain is set, you can get full power out of that amp.....

It all depends on the box.

And no matter where the gain is set, you can get full power out of that amp.....

alright. the box 2 cubes tuned at around 33 if that makes any difference.

Well, yes, that makes all the difference....

With that box and tuning, anything near 1000 watts will more than likely damage the woofer a few Hz below tuning and anywhere in the 40-60Hz region.

So plan on a SSF and limit yourself (you really have to do this on your own!) to around 900 watts.

If you are worried you can't limit the power to 900 watts, buy a less poweful amp and don't overdrive it, or buy a 450 watt amp and do whatever you want and not hurt anything.... And be almost just as loud....

Well, yes, that makes all the difference....

With that box and tuning, anything near 1000 watts will more than likely damage the woofer a few Hz below tuning and anywhere in the 40-60Hz region.

So plan on a SSF and limit yourself (you really have to do this on your own!) to around 900 watts.

If you are worried you can't limit the power to 900 watts, buy a less poweful amp and don't overdrive it, or buy a 450 watt amp and do whatever you want and not hurt anything.... And be almost just as loud....

oh ok i see. that amp puts 900 watts at 2 ohms, so i shouldn't have anything to worry about since the amp wont do 100% rated power right? and as long as i dont overdo the gain? what should that be set at?

just know that if you cut the amp power in half, "essentially" it should only be a 3 decibel decrease

Edited by sandsnip3r

alright i been lookin around on here and reading. ive heard the hifonics are awesome, but junk as well. and ive also read that with this set-up, the amp is prone to overheating? how much can the Fi SSD handle continuous, and about how much does the amp really push?

keep it somewhere where it gets adaquate air flow, its got that bigass heatsink on it....

youll be fine with that amp, its may only push around 800-1000Watts you wont hurt the sub with that amp, and if you spent the money to get an amp that does around 1000-1200Watts, you'll only get near a 2dB increase

keep it somewhere where it gets adaquate air flow, its got that bigass heatsink on it....

youll be fine with that amp, its may only push around 800-1000Watts you wont hurt the sub with that amp, and if you spent the money to get an amp that does around 1000-1200Watts, you'll only get near a 2dB increase

alright sweet. thanks a lot!

Edited by casedawg350

You can kill that sub with that amp.

Don't send more than 900 watts to it in your box.

There isn't a single person on here (so far) who has completed an objective power measurement on this amp (and no, clamping the amp in your car with a sub hooked up is NOT objective), so all of this "doesn't make rated power" BS is all heresay... Don't pay attention to it all...

You can kill that sub with that amp.

Don't send more than 900 watts to it in your box.

There isn't a single person on here (so far) who has completed an objective power measurement on this amp (and no, clamping the amp in your car with a sub hooked up is NOT objective), so all of this "doesn't make rated power" BS is all heresay... Don't pay attention to it all...

ok. so basically just keep it wired at 2 ohms.

my box i had my ssd in was 2.1 cu. ft @ 33hz and i had dual 1

and i wired it in parallel so the amp was seeing 1/2 ohm load but i had the gains set conservatively. ssd took it daily for 7 or so months til the tinsel leads snapped, then after a recone and the new sandwiched woven tinsel leads put in, its still alive and no problems at all. after the recone, i had it back on the hifonics for a month or so and i eventually got my hands on a btl, i have the ssd here as my pc's sub off of 30 or so watts, in the same box.

Edited by ecromeans

i have the ssd here as my pc's sub off of 30 or so watts, in the same box.

hows that run? lol

just know that if you cut the amp power in half, "essentially" it should only be a 3 decibel decrease

only 3 huh? lol

you know different?