Sign in to follow this  
rk772

question about strapping

I am building a system and starting off slow. My first purchase as far as amps and subs will be a SAZ-3000 and a Dual 2ohm BTL18. It will be wired at 1ohm for the 3000 rms. I would like to expand on this later with another SAZ-3000 and BLT18 for a combined 6000 rms. I have never strapped 2 amps before and I'm trying to make sure I buy the correct sub to start off with.

I understand the impedance for a single amp system but I'm confused as to how it works when you start strapping amps together. What would my impedance be with the two amps strapped and two Dual 2ohm subs? I'm looking for a final 2 ohms since this is what the strapped amps are rated at.

This has probably been asked before but I cant get the search function to work. I'd appreciate any links to good wiring explinations for strapped amps.

Thanks

I am building a system and starting off slow.

I guess "starting off slow" is a poor choice of words when talking about a 3000D and a BTL18. I should have said starting off with 1 amp and 1 sub.

You're going about it the right way. When you strap two amps, you combine their lowest operating load (SAZ3kD is 1 ohm) for a final load. In this case 2 ohms.

When you get two subs wire them like this:

2_2ohm_dvc_2ohm.gif

Welcome to SSA

You're going about it the right way. When you strap two amps, you combine their lowest operating load (SAZ3kD is 1 ohm) for a final load. In this case 2 ohms.

When you get two subs wire them like this:

2_2ohm_dvc_2ohm.gif

Welcome to SSA

Thanks,

I just wanted to make sure that my 1 amp/1 sub 1 ohm system was expandable to a 2 amps/2 subs 2ohm system.

I understand your wiring diagram in relation to having 1 amp. I'm just not sure how to wire off of two strapped amps to 2 subs and how the subs are connected. I guess there will be wiring diagrams for this included with the amps.

:WELCOME: