Sign in to follow this  
casedawg350

another fi amp question

my buddy is goin with a 12inch fi ssd d1 fw coil, bp power, would it be worth upgrading to the 1608d or will the 1208d be jsut fine?

my buddy is goin with a 12inch fi ssd d1 fw coil, bp power, would it be worth upgrading to the 1608d or will the 1208d be jsut fine?

If the 1608d puts out anywhere near rated power @ 2ohms I would stick with the 1208d.

1200rms seems like too much for the ssd.

Edited by ShaneSauce

Actually scratch that, if the ssd has bp power then you can do it.

It adds around 200-500 watts of extra handling power so a 1608d @ 2ohms would be great.

alright sweet thanks. i have the BP on mine, so you think i should send my 1208 back and just get the 1608?

Edited by casedawg350

also, there is someone on here selling a saz1500d for $300 until tomorrow, i'd grab that up real quick, thats one heck of a deal!

If you have a D1 sub and I assume have the coils wired in series for 2 ohms, there is absolutely no reason to "upgrade" to the 1608d. You get 200 extra watts of power. you will NEVER be able to tell the difference. That's less than 1 db difference at that level. Save your money. Why not get a D2 so that you can wire it in parallel and get 1200 watts from the 1208d?

My buddy had a Cadence amp running 600w to his Q. I sold him my 1000w Cadence and you COULD NOT tell the difference.

If your going to get a d1 sub, you need a amp that does power at 2ohms.

A Kicker zx1000 or zx750 would be a great choice.

If your going to get a d1 sub, you need a amp that does power at 2ohms.

A Kicker zx1000 or zx750 would be a great choice.

Well, the hifonics will still put out power at 2 ohms. Just because the amp is stable down to 1 ohm doesn't mean you have to use it. I mean I generally agree that yeah, may as well match the amp and sub. But my point is that if he already has the D1 sub and hifonics amp, there's no need to waste money to change it when there will not be a noticeable difference. Plus 900 watts (or however much the hifonics 1206 actually puts out at 2 ohms) is just fine for an SSD.

True $$ is kinda a problem for me too.

I bet if you had the extra cash you would go for a sundown.

man you got that right those amps are SEX! i already have the 1208 and d1 sub, so there's no changing it.

If you have a D1 sub and I assume have the coils wired in series for 2 ohms, there is absolutely no reason to "upgrade" to the 1608d. You get 200 extra watts of power. you will NEVER be able to tell the difference. That's less than 1 db difference at that level. Save your money. Why not get a D2 so that you can wire it in parallel and get 1200 watts from the 1208d?

because i already have the sub and i have no idea what that means.

ah so really your "buddy" was you. Anyways, the other part of my statement still applies. if you already have the 1206, there's no reason to change it.

ah so really your "buddy" was you. Anyways, the other part of my statement still applies. if you already have the 1206, there's no reason to change it.

yeah, i just asked the question for him. i have the 12 ssd with 1208 and he was ordering his stuff and wanted to know if he should get the 1608 or not. thanks for lettin me know that though.

Sign in to follow this