Sign in to follow this  
Smondo17

100.4 problems

Coming back from a snowboarding trip almost home and system shut down. Fuses are fine but amp is not turning on. Light is not turning on the amp.

Just checked the amp out again. The fuses are blown, not sure how i missed it the first time haha. So lets just hope new fuses and everything will be good

Jacob, I am going to send the amp back to you to get it checked out. Bought new fuses and the light still did not turn on. Amp started to smoke so i took it out immediately.

Jacob, I am going to send the amp back to you to get it checked out. Bought new fuses and the light still did not turn on. Amp started to smoke so i took it out immediately.

I almost guarantee one of your speaker wires is shorted to ground - this is EXACTLY what happens. Fuses blow then when you replace them the power supply goes in the amp.

i don't doubt it, but i def blew the power supply. I am going to check the speakers now. how should i go about sending back the amp. I already sent one back to you before.

i don't doubt it, but i def blew the power supply. I am going to check the speakers now. how should i go about sending back the amp. I already sent one back to you before.

Send it UPS of FedEx:

Sundown Audio

155 South Eastway Drive

Suite S

Troutman, NC 28166

Make sure you fix the short to ground before installing the new amp or you WILL blow the power supply again.

We had a speaker that was shorting to ground through the frame of the speaker itself... as it was screwed to metal in the door. This was in Brandon's Bronco and it was a real pain for us to figure out.

So it may not simply be an obvious wire shorting to ground.

I do not have my invoice, I would hope I am on file and i see that the amp has a barcode at the bottom of the amp. Is that ok?

I do not have my invoice, I would hope I am on file and i see that the amp has a barcode at the bottom of the amp. Is that ok?

If you got it directly from me on the pre-sale then you are on file.

In the future I suggest sticking the invoice in the cosmetic carton then putting that in a closet somewhere so it doesn't get lost :)

You need to FIX YOUR WIRING ASAP, do not install anything until you completely go over everything. :( This really shouldn't happen.

Better yet, pay someone to go over it for you.

Removed my right door panel because i had a feeling that was the area of problem. Turns out the speaker fell from its baffle and was resting on the doors metal. Does this sound like a good explanation for what happened?

Removed my right door panel because i had a feeling that was the area of problem. Turns out the speaker fell from its baffle and was resting on the doors metal. Does this sound like a good explanation for what happened?

Yes - the speaker wires were grounded and therefore blew the amp exactly as I suspected.

http://www.sundownaudio.com/warranty.html

"1) If your amplifier has a blown power supply or damage from excessive vibration there will be a charge for a warranty replacement within the 2-year policy:

* SAZ-1500D and smaller amplifiers (or any future model under 2000 watts) - $30 in the continental USA (AK and HI add $15)

* SAZ-2000D and SAZ-3000D (or any future model 2000 - 3000 watts) - $50 in the continental USA (AK and HI add $20)"

For a new replacement it will be 30 bucks total as it is not the result of a defective amplifier but a blown power supply from a situation outside of our control - eg: grounding out speaker wires.

that is perfectly reasonable. Jacob give me a call when you receive the amp. It should get in tomorrow. I left my number inside the package. I will give you all the necessary payment information.

that is perfectly reasonable. Jacob give me a call when you receive the amp. It should get in tomorrow. I left my number inside the package. I will give you all the necessary payment information.

If you have Paypal you can simply send it over to sundownz@sundownaudio.com - that is the easiest.

Got the amp, looks new? haha. Thanks for the speed, i could not ask for more. About to put it in. I fixed the right grounded speaker and am going to check my other mid just to be safe. Is there anything else i should do other then disconnect the battery at this point? Thanks

Steve

Can't beat that! Most other companies would charge way more, if not just tell you to purchase a new one.

That's beyond reasonable. I emailed Crossfire about a blown 1000D I had and they wanted $150 to refurbish. haha, yeah no thanks.

Sign in to follow this