JimJ

MP3 organization

I've just added a *whole* bunch of good quality MP3's...enough that it's impossible to simply have them all on one list. Besides, I'd like to organize and be able to play my collection by album, or assorted tracks for songs that I don't have the whole album for or one-offs.

I use Winamp currently, but I'm just wondering what you guys play your MP3 files with, and how you have them organized.

i have em organized by genre, then album

if i dont have the whole album then by artist

the just a "random" folder in each genre

o and as far as player goes, i use "nero mix" its a player that came with my nero CD burning software and I just use it cuz its very easy to use lol

Tom

Well I have itunes, organized by a-z artist then a-z ablum/song.

I don't keep my complete albums on my computer.

But random songs ... "All Music" folder --> Genre Folders --> Artist Folders --> Songs. I don't have enough to throw album folders in the artist folders.

Use the newest version of Windows Media Player. Sometimes RealPlayer (rarely though ... just have it for streaming internet radio).

I use iTunes, everything is arranged my artists, then album, then track numbers. I also have playlists on iTunes for Rock, Harder Rock, Older Rock, All Rock, Rap, Older Rap, Country, etc. Took me a while to edit a bunch of the albums on iTunes, but I got them all organized. Just right click on the song and hit get info, and you change the id3 tag in there.

I have been setting mine up more for the purpose of the iPod, so there is genre and artist and song name are the ones I am worried about