tylersliva

fi q

ok guys im going to get the fi q in a 12" with a hifons bxi1608D amp and im just gettin 1 sub... im getting it this summer but next summer i might upgrade to another... what should i do for a subwoofer box for now should i get a good one so if i dont want another sub i dont need another box... or if i do get another sub get a single sub box then ill have 2 or get a dual sub box... im getting the boxes made from fisher customs.... will the hifonics amp power 2 subs good? and do you have any other or more suggestions

my fisrt concern is hifonics, i would go with something more like the sundown 1200 or maybe even a rockford amp

Hifonics amps aren't all that bad if you can't afford sundown or rockford fosgate or any other expensive amp. The new hifonics amps actually do rated power.

The Hifonics will work fine.

To best give an answer, your goals would help. Are you just going for loud, low, etc.?

Personally, the Q sounds good sealed or ported. It will handle more power sealed but a ported would be louder in most if not all situations.

What kind of vehicle will this be going into? How much room are you willing to spare will help too.

its goin in a 98 silverado ext.. im have back seat folded up and i m using half of the whole back... and when i get 2 im using the whole back.... also ya im low on cash so i can afford and expensive amps... im want nice hard hitting bass it really want lows and loud.... also im gettin a new batt and doin big 3 is the duralast gold seris decent like i said im very low on cash... also i want people to know im comign when there siitin block away waiting for me

The new hifonics amps actually do rated power.

i donno what "new" is to you .. but they have failed to produce rated power for years now... many years now.

my fisrt concern is hifonics,

whhhat this guys has concers now!!!

Id trust the AQ more than hifonics.

I've installed a lot of hifonics amps for customers that they've brought to me and to be honest, they just don't have the quality of even a Kicker ZX amp or an MTX JackHammer amp....

Failure Rate is all I'm saying............

id do a ported box separate chambers two ports subs in middle. it will be one box that will still look ok and work great with either 1 or 2 subs just have them carpet over one of the sub cut outs so you dont see the open hole.

Edited by dbjunior