Sign in to follow this  
ric

which amp?

checking online i have picked 3 choices...

1. PPI D2000/1 + PPI A600/4

2. Soundstream Tarantula TRX2000.1 and TRX880.4

3. Boston Acoustics GT 28 + GT 42

Which combo would be best? setup would be a so called LOUD SOUND QUALITY type, a good set of fronts, might be 3 ways but with a good sounding loud sub from behind...

Thanks for any inputs and experiences shared...

checking online i have picked 3 choices...

1. PPI D2000/1 + PPI A600/4

2. Soundstream Tarantula TRX2000.1 and TRX880.4

3. Boston Acoustics GT 28 + GT 42

Which combo would be best? setup would be a so called LOUD SOUND QUALITY type, a good set of fronts, might be 3 ways but with a good sounding loud sub from behind...

Thanks for any inputs and experiences shared...

spl and sq are mutually exclusive, you need to elaborate on your goals if you want to get good answers. what is your: budget? space restrictions? vehicle? fabrication experience? music preference? what speakers will you power with these amps? what upgrades does your electrical system have?

sorry caligreen but my question is not about how should i go about my install but simply which is the better combo? all sub amps can go 1500W in 2ohms and all 4ch amp give out around 120watts per channel.

but w/c one is more durable? w/c has a better crossover network? w/c has better internal parts resulting to better / cleaner output?

if we would regard to them as b4, letsay late 90's, PPI with their atr series is the way to go. 2nd would be a fight bet. the bostons and the SS with the rubicons.

but as of now, with all company changes, management, mergings etc? w/c would still be up there?

all 3 brands after 2000 became quiet? what happend?

BTW: 94sundace, would you be refering to the old amps or the new ones?

Any reason why you have to go with one company for the sub amp and highs amp? Why not just give a budget and what drivers you're planning on running.

Choosing amps before choosing speakers really limits what you can pick as far as wiring configurations go.

it just that i like the cleaner look of a 1 brand amp setup on the trunk, it looks proportioned. specially if ill join shows. but offcourse, quality should also be there... and not to mention budget is also limited so im off to these 3 brands... if i just have all the funds, this would not be an issue... ohh well... BTW: nothing goes more than $700xx

thanks john... but...

1. mono amp dosent look the same as the 4ch amp. mono should be the SAZ1500 if ill go with the sundown

2. 4ch amp is refurbished. i dont know but in a little sceptical/afraid of refurbished items...

DB-r has a great track record with the Sundown amplifiers. I will always lean towards quality over a few extra watts, in reference to your first post.

thanks john... but...

1. mono amp dosent look the same as the 4ch amp. mono should be the SAZ1500 if ill go with the sundown

2. 4ch amp is refurbished. i dont know but in a little sceptical/afraid of refurbished items...

Simple amps either work or not. So if the refurb works on the first go, you're ok ;)