tljernigan

Need Help Deciding on Dual 12" Setup

I just sold my 15" Q and am looking at going back to a dual 12" setup. I liked the sound of the 15" Q but truthfully wanted some of my trunk back and it seemed to lack a bit on the higher frequencies. I'm looking at running a dual 12" setup with 1.1 ft^3 per sub running off a SAZ-1500D @ 1ohm. I'm looking at the SSDs now but want to get your opinions on them in this setup and any options I should possibly get. The 15" Q had the BP power option and was in a 2.6ft^3 sealed enclosure. I'm looking for most SQ since with the 1500D it'll get plenty loud for my daily driving needs. No competition or anything like that. Thanks.

Edited by MadMax03

:+1:

Thanks, guys. Do I even need the BP Power option, though? Stock they are rated at 800rms each and the Sundown should send just about that much to each if running at full tilt (which I don't do too often) @ 1 ohm.

Is that 1.1 after sub displacment? I tried my ssd's with copper option sealed 1.1 each after displacment and really liked the sound, but decided go go ported.

Fi FTW :lol:

I seem to be the only DD guy here. O_O

Ever thought about DD?

No, I haven't really thought about DD. I remember reading up on them a while back and they seem to be more SPL oriented and optimized for ported enclosures which I'm not looking to do since I'm going with 1.1 ft^3 net for each sub.