Sign in to follow this  
livinloud_zk

which to choose?

hey guys, ive been lookin into a rd designs 5250 just wondering if they were a strong amp.. thanks!

Can you give us more details on your goals, budget, what the amp will be powering, and what else you are looking at?

i will be running 2x cascade omega 18s and will have 2x kinetik 2400s off of a 200 amp alty.. my budget is under a 1000. I have been trying to sell my system I have now but no1 wants it :(

What is wrong with your current system?

Also, is this for SPL competition? Plus I would suggest looking into Fi or IA or Sundown drivers for high output 18's. Not to mention the big Sundown amp is on sale.

Don't try any warranty claims with RD as well.. its more of a TCAB situation (take cash and bail).

The Omega's look nice.. but they're still unproven as good woofers, both in the competition circuit and in daily drivers. They're slapped together parts from PAP.

my current sub is blown lol and my amp isnt big enough :( im currently running a memphis mojo 2500 and a fully loaded btl 18 and thanks for the input i havent gotten much help from anyone else :/

I agree with John, I would suggest getting the BTL reconed, even if it takes a little longer. I don't think it is a good idea to down grade woofers if you don't need to. Plus a recone would be much cheaper.

this is really gonna make me sound like a noob but i have never done a recone before and dont want to fudge anything up..

I never have either..... but only one way to learn lol

this is really gonna make me sound like a noob but i have never done a recone before and dont want to fudge anything up..

If you don't feel up to doing it/learning how to do it, Fi will do it for you.

alright thanks guys I talked to jacob and hes giving me a pretty good deal on a trade in so unless anyone has any better ideas im just going to go with a sundown 3000 and recone the btl :)

alright thanks guys I talked to jacob and hes giving me a pretty good deal on a trade in so unless anyone has any better ideas im just going to go with a sundown 3000 and recone the btl :)

Good choice.