Sign in to follow this  
MKader17

ATV System

Okay, here is all the info...

Head Unit - Ipod Mini 6gb

Amp - Radioshack Optimus 150Watt 4 channel amp, all channels work! :woot:

Speakers - At the moment I have a pair of old Pioneer 6x9's. Yeah I know :worthless: right? But they do make noise. I also have a pair of 6.5 coax Pioneers that I would be willing to pull out of the rear deck of my saturn, since the rear speakers are not used.

So, what I want is to search my options for better speakers. I just shiver at the notion of running a pair of 6x9's again and I would like to take advantage of all 4 channels. The speakers will need to be efficient. Any required crossovers would have to be built so they would need to be very simple. Also, expect the speakers to get splashed or some mud on them eventually. I prefer to spend very little money on this project :P.

Thanks,

Kader

If it where me, I'd just stick with the 6x9's (I know, I know....haha). But chances are they are going to take some sort of beating (mud, water, sticks, etc.) How exactly are you mounting all this? What quad too?

Fiberglass enclosure, bolted to the front rack. 2002 Polaris Sportsman.

I'll also add that I don't think you can bridge the channels but I'll go test that right now.

Edit: Sort of couldn't test the ability to bridge. I don't have a headphone to 2 RCAs (its only to 1) but if I did hook up to the positive of the RR and the negative of the RL the speaker did play. Don't know if that means that you can bridge it safely though.

haha...i should do this for my sleds and my quads!

but I cant because I use them too much, they see mud, trees, lakes, and snow very often. it would fail.

oh yeah, I forgot.

POLARIS FTL! haha. :dancing:

WOW! as an ATV racer, just WOW!

What do you mean? I'm a rider but I don't race. Where we ride there is plenty of down time where some good tunes is a necessity. I have some spare components, so why not right?

Can anyone confirm that if an amp works in the way I stated above that is in fact, bridgeable? I really hate to stick some crappy 6x9's and 6.5"s in. If the amp is bridgeable I am highly considering taking the DLS R6A's from my truck and running them passive on 2 channels, then taking my Orphan 8 (or maybe another cheap 8) and bridging the 2 channels to it and run it in the center. Edit: Forgot I would need a Low Pass filter for the sub, how can I get/make one?

I'd like to do something different because everyone have chitty 6x9's and I would love something that actually sounds good.

i mean... your asking what would sound best in an open area!

does it really matter... your gonna gonna make any SQ in this......

a PA speaker with a sub would work....

so would some old 6x9s and a old school tandy amp.

I understand that, I was just trying to get some different opinions and maybe something that I wouldn't ever think of. I was thinking some horns and Pro Audio speakers but it would cost too much :P

....Why Not Just Buy A Damn Suzuki Samurai On 36" Super Swamper TSL Biases And Put A Fackin' 18" BTL In It With Some PG Comps?

I'm Being Sarcastic, But When I Think About It, That'd Be fudgeing Awesome.

....Why Not Just Buy A Damn Suzuki Samurai On 36" Super Swamper TSL Biases And Put A Fackin' 18" BTL In It With Some PG Comps?

I'm Being Sarcastic, But When I Think About It, That'd Be fudgeing Awesome.

Please refer to the last sentence of my first post :P