Can using a bass knob cause damage? If so, to what extent. Should I go ahead & set my gains to what my bass knob would normally be? And finally, what exactly does the bass knob effect? Does it stay within the preset gains?

I like being able to turn it down with just that little knob, or turn it up when I want to blare it. I was thinking of setting it all the way up, then the gain to where it gets the right AC Voltage, would it be fine?

what amp?? some are "bass knobs" and some are remote gains...

It is going to be an Audioque 2200d. Unless I can find a better amp for that price lol. I chose it over the Crunch GP 3000dpro.

Whats the diff between the two? Wouldn't remote gain be pretty dangerous becuase you can turn it up past clipping?

It is going to be an Audioque 2200d. Unless I can find a better amp for that price lol. I chose it over the Crunch GP 3000dpro.

Whats the diff between the two? Wouldn't remote gain be pretty dangerous becuase you can turn it up past clipping?

no the bass boost is the bad one buddy....

the remote gain allows you to go down from your set gain on the amp... so at the highest level on the remote is your is where your gain is set on your amp.

it only alows you to turn the gain down... not up past your setting...

a very useful tool.

no the bass boost is the bad one buddy....

the remote gain allows you to go down from your set gain on the amp... so at the highest level on the remote is your is where your gain is set on your amp.

it only alows you to turn the gain down... not up past your setting...

a very useful tool.

Do you know which one AQ has?

im pretty sure it has a remote gain.. it also have a "clipping" endacator.

Yeah I was hoping it had remote gain. The clipping is a nice feature too. If it isn't remote gain, I think I'll get that remote then. Thanks! I'll still be reading for more info guys

that NV22 thing won't work with me, I only have a stock headunit and a LOC.

How would It work if I had upgraded speakers and headunit, and both my RCA's were taken up?

Edited by rumproast789

The AQ amp uses a "Gain Knob". If you turn your knob all the way up. and then set your gain on the amp, the remote will only go up to that level.

Also AQ amps use the same knob as DD, so there is a red CLIP LED, so when the amp clips it tells you.

The AQ amp uses a "Gain Knob". If you turn your knob all the way up. and then set your gain on the amp, the remote will only go up to that level.

Also AQ amps use the same knob as DD, so there is a red CLIP LED, so when the amp clips it tells you.

Awesome thanks man

anyone use this knob?

Yeah I was hoping it had remote gain. The clipping is a nice feature too. If it isn't remote gain, I think I'll get that remote then. Thanks! I'll still be reading for more info guys

that NV22 thing won't work with me, I only have a stock headunit and a LOC.

How would It work if I had upgraded speakers and headunit, and both my RCA's were taken up?

whatever you have running to your amp for rca's you plug into the unit then run a set to the amp. if you are using a loc run rca's from the loc to the unit then to the sub amp.

Edited by dbjunior

you can go from your loc to a electric cross over.. .or even just split the signal

From what I noticed, remote gains only reduce gain from the actual setting, meaning remote at maximum is the same deal as not having it installed.