CadillacMatt

Looking for a good source of chrome wire mesh

I'm thinking of doing a custom grille for my Caddy, and I was wondering if anyone knew of a good source for chrome wire mesh (like the aftermarket ones for the Chrysler 300C, or the Jaguar ones)... if I can't find anything guess I'll have to find one made for another car and chop it up... I was envisioning something like this:

meshgrille2.jpg

Thanks!

oooh

ahhh

"I would suggest stainless steel mesh. I don't know that you will find chromed mesh. Or you might look at perforated metal and have that chromed.

If you think about how mesh is made, it would have to be chromed after weaving as chromed wire would be brittle and not survive the weaving process.

To chrome mesh after weaving will produce a product where the chrome will be thin or dull at the wire intersections, or worse, bridging two wires at their intersections. This will lead to premature rusting."

Get stainless, polish it and remember you can weld it also.

oooh

ahhh

"I would suggest stainless steel mesh. I don't know that you will find chromed mesh. Or you might look at perforated metal and have that chromed.

If you think about how mesh is made, it would have to be chromed after weaving as chromed wire would be brittle and not survive the weaving process.

To chrome mesh after weaving will produce a product where the chrome will be thin or dull at the wire intersections, or worse, bridging two wires at their intersections. This will lead to premature rusting."

Get stainless, polish it and remember you can weld it also.

Yeah I read that same quote off of the google search I did :shrug: