Black-Stallion

Need some help with options - Fi BTL 18

Ok, I need some help.

I've decided to get an 18" Fi BTL for my expedition.

I have no idea what to power it with.....Sundown? Kicker? what?....

I'm kinda indecisive on the amp because I know its recommended for around 1500rms , but we all know they can handle more. And I want more ;)

Safely, do you think I should go with some 3000 watt amp - such as the Saz-300d ?

Also, with a 150amp alternator, can I get by with two yellow top batteries? Or should I get a 240amp alternator?

And if I do get the upgraded alternator, will I still need a battery in the rear?

Where did you read the recommended power is 1500? And if you have the time, i'd wait for the new 3500D. If not deff stick with Sundown.

You could get two 1500D's and strap them too.

Where did you read the recommended power is 1500? And if you have the time, i'd wait for the new 3500D. If not deff stick with Sundown.

Hmm, I thought I read it on their website. Maybe I've mistaken.

I'll look up some info on the 3500D, hope its not crazy expensive.

Hmm, I thought I read it on their website. Maybe I've mistaken.

I'll look up some info on the 3500D, hope its not crazy expensive.

I believe it was somewhere around $820 or something if you preorder it now. Which is an amazing price if i do say so myself :bigclap:

Yeah, too bad their website is down.

I think I'll go with it, I've been looking at their products, and everyone says they have amazing quality.

So, Ill go with an 18" BTL w/saz-3500D amp.

Now for power. I'll obviously update the big three, and I'm thinking of 1/0 guage wiring.

The receiver is an Alpine unit with 4v outs.

I guess I definitely need to upgrade to a 240amp alternator.

Do I still need batteries? I don't care for them at all. But i'd rather do it right.

Yeah, too bad their website is down.

I think I'll go with it, I've been looking at their products, and everyone says they have amazing quality.

So, Ill go with an 18" BTL w/saz-3500D amp.

Now for power. I'll obviously update the big three, and I'm thinking of 1/0 guage wiring.

The receiver is an Alpine unit with 4v outs.

I guess I definitely need to upgrade to a 240amp alternator.

Do I still need batteries? I don't care for them at all. But i'd rather do it right.

What year is your expedition?

I'll let some of the more experienced guys help you with the electrical but the Big 3 for sure. As far as the alt goes im not to sure. You could try and run the stock and if it dims or anything then get a 240a.

Ironically, It sort of dims now.

When I hit the window switch or something, it dims just a tad bit until I release the button. I think I'll try it with a power cell or something at first.

Well then you may need to check that out :lol:

Maybe try and get your hands on a volt meter..

Well, if you planning on running 3500-3800 watts. Which I believe the new sundown 3500 does, I'd get aleast a 240alt. You'll probably need at the very least two nice sized batteries. I bet that since it's a domestic, you could get all the way up too a 300-350amp alt. Only problem is the higher you go, the lower the idle amperage is. Not really a big deal, I suppose if your not competing or anything so you should be fine.