brandon

Rl-i 12"s

:slayer: HellO all . I need a little help just got my Rl-i 12's A few days ago. still dont know what zmp to get. I got the dual 4 ohm . Im kinda loking at the octane-R 8.0:1 but dont kno the full specs of this amp. dose it run 1 ohm stable and if it does what wattage .Is it 800 rms at 2 ohms or is that just peak power? nsorry new to the whole sounds thing . planing on making one box for each sub about one cbf 2 one & a 1/4 cbf. if I could get some help or sugestions on amps for these sub it wuld be great :slayer: .

1. Welcome to SSA :)

2. you need to wait for about 4-6 hours for the east coast boys to show up,

they can help you out

Mrray13 is the soundsplinter guy round here

12:34AM

Im the only regular west coast guy

I am West Coast and always here, I just don't know anything and don't post alot.

:slayer:  HellO all . I need a little help just got my Rl-i 12's A few days ago. still dont know what zmp to get. I got the dual 4 ohm .  Im kinda loking at the octane-R 8.0:1 but dont kno the full specs of this amp. dose it run 1 ohm stable and if it does what wattage .Is it 800 rms at 2 ohms or is that just peak power? nsorry new to the whole sounds thing . planing on making one box for each sub about one cbf 2 one & a 1/4 cbf. if I could get some help or sugestions on amps for these sub it wuld  be great  :slayer: .

welcome..

the 1-1.25ft^3 sounds about right if u plan on giving each rl-i about 400wrms..

i don't know anything about that amp, however...

i would suggest these though..

memphis mc1000d

memphis pr1000d

orion 1200d

hifonics bx1000d

and if u decide on something like the mc1000d or orion 1200d, i'd recommend the 1ft^3 box....

i'll try to get a lil reasearch in on that octane amp...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Mrray mentioned some great amps,

something that will do 700 - 1000 @ 4 or 1ohms would be great, if not you could look into two smaller 2ohm amps to power each sub, (meaning one amp per sub)

here is a good price on an RF mono amp

http://www.cardomain.com/item/ROC4FRP6002

or an even better price on a nice DEI ( each sub seeing about 600, which might be more than they need but great price)

http://www.cardomain.com/item/DEI45015

if not here is the smaller model

http://www.cardomain.com/item/DEI45013

I hope that gives you a few ideas

to be honest, I dont think that amp will do a true 1200, plus they do not need that much power to get a lot out of them

just use a Gen XX colossus and call it a day :P . maybe a x-fire 1000d

EDIT: was this a drunken post? figured since you left last night about that time after like a 12 pack. lmao :bartmoon:

just use a Gen XX colossus and call it a day :P . maybe a x-fire 1000d

EDIT: was this a drunken post? figured since you left last night about that time after like a 12 pack. lmao :bartmoon:

is this amp any good ?want to runRl-i 12"s at one ohm.

Product Name:

810 Watt Class-D Mono-Bloc Amplifier

MSRP: $459.00

Product #: CD-810

Description:

RMS Power 250W x 1 @ 4 Ohm

RMS Power 500W x 1 @ 2 Ohm

RMS Power 810W x 1 @ 1 Ohm

Frequency Response: 5Hz - 250Hz

Total harmonic distortion: 0.1%

Continuously variable 0 - 18dB BASS boost

Built-in continuously variable 24dB per octave crossover

Remote bass level control

I might be picking up a pair of these, gotta PM mike to see if he can hook a brotha up

brandon, what amp is that?

Would the hifonics BX 1250 Super class D be two much for tho two @ 1 ohm 1200 wats

no, it won't be too much in my opinion...again, put ur rl-i's in about 1-1.25ft^3...

though mike won't readily admit it, his subs are a bit underrated, so i won't hesitate throwin 600wrms at the rl-i's...however like denim stated, u don't need 600wrms to get them moving. give them around their rated power and u will be moving plenty of air. but set ur gains correctly and the rl-i's will live quite comfortably off 600wrms (proper enclosure)

and real quick side note here...if u can find an amp that does 1000wrms @ 4ohm, ur car will love ya! (the pg xenon for example) just because u can wire for 1 ohm doesn't necessarly mean u have too...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer: