ADK

15" / 18" enclosure questions

I was planning on getting a 15" ssd for my 95 saturn sl2....the problm is my trunk isnt the biggest. I have enough room to make it the recommended 3-4 cubic foot box but i would have to face the sub towards the top of my trunk. If i did this would it still sound as good as if it was facing the back of the trunk, and where would I have my port facing. Can anyone possibly make me a box design that would fit in my trunk for the 15" SSD. the trunk is about 15" tall, wheel well to wheel well is about 35" and back to front im not to sure. I would greatl appreciate some help on this. I was also planning on running my Us amps xt2000D on it.

its not as easy as how big the trunk is you also have to fit it in the trunk how do you plan on getting a huge box in the trunk?

yea thats true but i got a buddy that has 2 12" premiers in his car, he has a 95 sc2 so pretty much same goes for him but my trunk is a little bit bigger and his box is also 3 cubes. So as long as the box's height doesnt exceed probably 13/14" i should be fine. im just concerened on how it'll sound facing the top of the trunk apposed to the back and where im supposed to put the port at. dimensions would help too.

does it really matter how much space you leave under your subwoofer if i were to face it up. since the mounting deph on a ssd 15" is about 8inches, is there any specific amount of space i should leave between the sub and the bottom of the box.

^^ It does matter, you can pop dustcaps off if there isn't enough space between the enclosure wall and the top plate. That is if the subwoofer has a pole vent like the SSD does.

Do you plan on deadening the trunk lid if you went with a sub facing toward it?

My whole trunk lid is already dynamated. But I don't think if I were to put the 15" facing up it won't be hitting the trunk lid but instead where the speakes are.

so with that being said Duran, how much space would you recommend between the bottom of the magnet and bottom of the box.

so with that being said Duran, how much space would you recommend between the bottom of the magnet and bottom of the box.

About 2"

About 2"

sounds right, but try to get as much as possible the box i heard wasnt close to the top

^^ It does matter, you can pop dustcaps off if there isn't enough space between the enclosure wall and the top plate. That is if the subwoofer has a pole vent like the SSD does.

there is ALWAYS enough room between the enclosure and top plate