kingkeem5

FI BTL help

Hey guys i have a 2001 dodge neon and i was wonderin which would get louder, 1 18 BTL or 2 12 BTLs....or even a 15BTL...and if so what amps should i put on em, how many watts

i feel like this has been asked. but answer these questions... running same power to each option? same size box and tuning? same type of sub. check. then it would be up to surface area.

Very few alignments available for 18" btl in that trunk, I doubt there are very many differnces from my old neon trunks but I could always check (sister has an 01 as well)... Honestly I'd think that 2 12"s would be loudest rear facing, rear ported. But that would require twice as much power... 18" top firing wouldn't be horrible but you would automatically loose your spare, I highly doubt you could do forward firing with any of those set ups and benefit from seats down either...

You are going to have electrical issues regardless, 2,000 or 4,000 watts on those alts isn't fun, and I would know.

Yeah i already have 2 12s facing forward and did 140.6 with 1600 watts but idk yet, im thinkin 2 BTL 12 will do fine...what kinda amp should i put on each sub?

I would suggest 2 2,000 watt clean power amps, or even a pair of refurbed saz-1500d's if you can get your hands on them.

You will eventually be looking for a better battery and a bigger alt if you go down this route.

Well i already have a yellow top in the trunk but thats goin under that hood and im putting maybe 6 kinetik 1400s in the trunk...upgrade my big 3, hows that sound? the alt is def coming, but i just gotta figured where I AM A get this thing

Wait so the box is to big in your truck so your putting 6 batts? :Doh:

Wait so the box is to big in your truck so your putting 6 batts? :Doh:

I forsee spare tire removal

Yeah i have the box built to slide all the way up to the backseat and i have just enough room to line all the batteries up around the box and have the amp on top of the box...but what should i tuned the box to with the BTLs in it, cuz i do comps, at least 1 per month

I forsee this not working. lol. how about getting less batteries with better rating to save space? and with 6 of those batteries, that alternator is going to die a quick death.

Dang, i mean my boy had a civic wit 2 1500bd goin to 2 12 rf T2s and he has 4 kinetiks in the trunk and a yellow top upfront and he said his did fine, idk maybe i should go head and get a alt

When you compete is car on or car off, and do you drive around bumping or do you listen to music at moderate levels when driving around. You will need a new alt, your current one will die, it's just a matter of time.

With me, I ran 2 saz-1500d's strapped at 1 ohm (.5 each amp), and I just had one battery, the alternator lasted a while, but it did fail eventually, when I competed though, car was off, alternator got to charge battery between runs with no music playing.