Sign in to follow this  
podaddy

Feedback..for a noob plz

Went with 10" bl, cooled, RF t10001bd at 1 ohm, 1cf ported box, (which is tuned a little high, might take apart and add an L to the port to lengthen it and drop tuning a bit). Just bought a 200amp alt. 1/0 wire all around, 4awg on alt. Was wondering if i should go for a cap, read that independent testing puts this amp closer to 1500watts at 1 ohm and want plenty of aux power, for starting the car and what not. Also should I stuff the box? Been a while since i had bass in the car, but then nit was just a thrown together mismatch system with no regard to resistance on the amp or any other important factor for that matter..wanna do it right this time. Any advice is appreciated.

Scrap the cap idea. Get yourself another battery.

Would not recommend stuffing a ported box.

If that is 4 gauge for the big three, You should do it in 0 gauge..

Yeah i can do that. As for running a second battery, do i just splice the + wire into the other batt to alternator wire and ground the batt off? Need lots more 0 gauge! Just bought my roadkill trunk kit too..now just need to figure out when I'll have the time to do all this work. Anyone know a good place to get some system to hold my enclosure in one spot, so its not slidin around, or should i just make somethin which wouldnt be too hard either?

Oh yeah was wondering if 4 guage is cool for speaker wire or is it too much?

So was thinking of a way to hold the enclosure in one place. What if I got a regular battery tray an cut it up so that i had four corners that i could bolt to the inside of my trunk, holding the box stationary.

Use 8 Gauge For The BL. I'd Recommend Knukonceptz. Get You Some Konfused Battery Terminals While You're There.

www.knukonceptz.com

Sign in to follow this