Sign in to follow this  
Dangerous10k

Fi vs Re vs MTX

I went to a car audio place and they basically tried to discredit fi and say theres no way a sub of less than 600 can handle 5000 watts how does a fi Q w/ bp compare to a Re Mx and a MTX Thunder Square 750s

leave car audio place immediately.. and never return.. ;)

i don't know about the MTX 750, but the RE MX are excellent subs! they get loud and maintain excellent quality..

I went to a car audio place and they basically tried to discredit fi and say theres no way a sub of less than 600 can handle 5000 watts how does a fi Q w/ bp compare to a Re Mx and a MTX Thunder Square 750s

Which Fi sub are you looking at that handles 5000w?

fully loaded btl but i went there to ask about gettin an enclosure built for 2 fi 15" q's and of course i had to hear about how great the mtx 9500 is and how fi cant compete with RE im sure RE are good subs the diamond audio's they played knocked but even if i was gonna buy there brand of subs i would order it off the net tax free and like 300 cheaper

How are they discrediting it? Did they have one they tested? in an appropriate enclosure? Fi BTL's are pretty freakin wanging subs! Great subs especially for the price.

I've owned a RE XXX, and the two are fairly similar. Only thing here is the Re Cost a grip more...

Does it make it better? ehh...not necessarily...

The W7 (I own a 12w7 as well) was pretty expensive. and is in the same price range as Fi...But Does not compare....etc...Price is not everything.

Those square MTX subs i wouldn't even put in the same class as ANY FI product. The 9500's are great subs though. RE makes some kick ass subs and the MT is a brute. The Q is not a competitor to the MT as it is more of an SQ oriented driver that gets loud rather than an all out SPL monster, but the BTL should stack up nicely to the MT.

All that being said, i love the fact that FI is a made in america product, and it is nice to deal with companies like them, SSA, and Soundsplinter for example, that provide the level of one on one customer service that they do. This is why unless i am in the market for budget subs, anything over 200 dollars a woofer would be spent on a brand like these. You not only get a great product but stellar support. How many companies can you buy a product with and receive help with the setup or problem solving from the actual OWNERS of the company?

Sign in to follow this