jj1479

15" bl box size??

The recone isn't any different besides the dustcap. They changed the motor not the soft parts.

OOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPSSSSSSSSSSSS STINKY100_1618.jpg

I wonder what thats going to cost$$$

Maybe it wasn't the subs after all.

Wow dude that sucks, check out db-r for quote to fix it. Now you know to do a proper electrical at least.

I'm no expert but maybe you have you're gains set to high or your bass boost set to high

The amp I bought it off of roger bridges at crossfire it was his amp so he said that he would get me a RA# and take care of it for me.

I hooked the subs up to my house sterio sud channel output but couldn't notice any noise but it only moved them about 1/2". My gains were set a little over a quarter of the way with the subsonic set at around 35-37hz. The box was designed by chris at fishercustomes so i know it was right. With the high output alt and the 2 red tops i know i have enough jouce to run it. I think i might just order recones to be safe if Nick doesn't no what it might be, returned his email last night.

Ya i saw you electrical after i posted, somethings wrong for you to have that much dimming.

Ya i think its the alt. I.m going to have to see if i can get it tested to see if its putting out the 220amps that it says it does. only paid $279 for it shipped.

Well Bobaflob I think you found the problem for me.

Alot of thanks to you Sir :fing34:

I noticed today that when I turned on my heater on (snowing today) my dash lights dimmed like the dome light in the video!! I thought that was odd cause of the high output 220 amp alt I had put on. So I took it to Advanced Auto parts and load tested it and WOW. At idle it read's 14.63 volts -2.3 amps YES negative -2.3 amps not the 110 amps its supposed to and at 3000 rpm it read 14.66 volts 76 amps not the 220 its rated at (D***T). So I think the low amount of current from the alt going to/from the batteries to the amp was the hole problem. The amp wasn't getting the current it needed at high volume to put out the power to run the subs.

So now i bet my bl's arn't messed up :wacky::wacky:

it still shouldnt sound like that if your volts are low. it sounds like you have your gain set to high. it sounds like its clipping.

Might have bin. I only had the gain at about 3/8's of the way up but when i get the amp back i'll set it with the mm.

Might have bin. I only had the gain at about 3/8's of the way up but when i get the amp back i'll set it with the mm.

In your case it probable didn't matter where the gain was, it probably could have been all the way down and still clip; if you aren't getting the current to the amp it will clip.

Well i got some info on my alternator!! They emailed me and i called them and the guy told me that it looks like they accidentally sent me a factory replacement alt not the 220 amp that i paid for :angry22: So today when i got home this is what was waiting for me :gift: .100_1642.jpg

I took it to Advanced Auto Parts and they hooked it up to their bench and at 1000 rpm he said it read 152 amps so i hope it puts out 220 amps at 2200 rpm like DB says. Boy can't wait till i get my amp back.