Sign in to follow this  
fis10

Amp For Fi SSD 15"

Im getting a Fi SSD 15". I need to know what options to get and what i should get for an amp. Its GOING TO BE A DAILY SUB THAT WILL BEAT TO ITS MAX EVERY DAY. I want to go with the hifonics brand amp and wonder which is right. I myself think it'll take 1,500 rms no prob. These are the amps im considering... I want to get a 4.0 cu ft box tuned to 32 hz

HIFONICS TXI1508D ---------1,500 rms

HIFONICS-BXI1608D ---------1,600 rms

HIFONICS BXI1208D----------1,200 rms

All are 1ohm stable

Im going with hifonics cause they are affordable but open to others. i only have like 400 for an amp.

sundown1000

Quick question if i go with two 12's instead and wire them 1 ohm would i be able to use the same amp and get the same power as to one?

Quick question if i go with two 12's instead and wire them 1 ohm would i be able to use the same amp and get the same power as to one?

They will split the power.

Sundown, it's a no contest vs hifonics.

So would you guys recommend the sae1200 to push a 15" SSD because i was looking into it but sundownz says that they tested that amp at 12.8volts and got 1200rms and that he said it can take around 1500rms or so at 14.4volts...is that too much power or should i go for it..??

and for your question that hifonics txi you should just cross off the list from what i hear they are extremely overrated on there power.

all those hifonics are overrated. i'd rather buy an underrated amp with top notch build quality and excellent customer service than an overrated cheap-o amp w/ high thd and crappy power

i think a bl 15d2 and sae1200 would make you happy

Edited by hiloracerboy84

and im pretty sure hifonics amps dont have fuses which is also pretty dumb

???. all the hifonics amps i've owned had fuses on em. the bxi1606 i have sitting on the floor next to me has 2 80a maxi's on it.

i dont think my saz3000d is "dumb" for not having a fuse on it

Edited by hiloracerboy84

So would you guys recommend the sae1200 to push a 15" SSD because i was looking into it but sundownz says that they tested that amp at 12.8volts and got 1200rms and that he said it can take around 1500rms or so at 14.4volts...is that too much power or should i go for it..??

Sundown is a good way to go. The 1000d might be the better choice power wise, but with the 1200d on sale it would make for a difficult decision. Is long as you are smart with the extra power you would be alright.

im running a 15 ssd with about 1000 watts (pa2000 amp) and ould not put it on 1200 and deff not 1500. your gunna blow your sub if your planing on taking it to the max everyday, casue you will always want to go louder and keep turning it up and then thats it. get the bp with it or the q it has free bp right now.

Thanks guys i might just go with the bl 15 and the sundown saz1500D. Any wanna build me a box thats in michigan? The box would be 4cuft at 37 hz. also i am putting it into a 2000 cavalier with stock electrical except for big 3 should there be any problems. It would be until i get the funds for the ho alt and batts.

Sign in to follow this