Sign in to follow this  
calvin

btl re-cone

how much does a 18" btl re-cone run? it is the older model. d1

i tried to look it up on fi's site but it wont open

a guy over on smd is selling an older model btl with broken tinsel leads on them. is this what a re-cone entails. are re-cones an expensive process?

Edited by johnecon2001

Leads can be replaced. If it is done right, it will work. If not, they just fail again.

You can recone it and get the new style leads. . .recone pirces vary by size.

If the Tinsels are in plain view (ie, not in the spiders) you can fix it yourself with out a recone.

what would be the extent of repairing a sub. does a recone make it basically a new sub again?

the subs are 18" btls (old style). i am talking to a guy about buying his sub but it was owned by someone b4 him who had a stetsom 7k to it. i know they can be reconed but if i get into a jam that the subs need repair what is the most that can be done without basically purchasing a new sub thru repairs?

basically is there anything that would just totally screw me and i would end up with a sub that cant be repaired or will cost a fortune to repair?

If the Tinsels are in plain view (ie, not in the spiders) you can fix it yourself with out a recone.

by soldering? I have a friend with some like burnt/ broken tinsels at the end at the speaker terminal and I would just like to know

no no i got that part but i asked about the recone making the sub like "new." as well as any other repair that could negate the advantage of me buying it used and saving some money opposed to new

by soldering? I have a friend with some like burnt/ broken tinsels at the end at the speaker terminal and I would just like to know

lol friend huh?! u funny. u tryna be slick? we r looking at the same subs right?

Leads can be replaced. If it is done right, it will work. If not, they just fail again.

You can recone it and get the new style leads. . .recone pirces vary by size.

hey man i have a 18 btl new models but i dont know how to re cone it and i email the fi dealer and they never reply i dont kno wat to do with it is it easy to re cone it by yourself

Probably because there aren't any Fi dealers...

If you email us without a subject in your email it automatically goes to spam. As well as if you have an email consisting of something like ' imtoosexyforstifflersmomsboobs @ wow . com'

:)

Recones are easy to do yourself..just 3 glue joints and a little bit of solder.

Not to butt in or anything but i have a old style as well with a broke tinsel that i know i can fix. But i just need some tinsel does any one have any????

I just paid 150 shipped for 2 Fi BTL Recone kits including 2 frames and a VC spacer.

Edited by DD9915D!!!

Sign in to follow this