jeepbassmonkey

death of a death penalty 21?

anybody have a dust cover blow up on em? went to blast it today and i noticed a bad clicking noise comming from the back and then i looked and the dust was still there just blown apart. any fix to it? super glue?

By no means is it dead...It happens with pressure. Superglue will work but a new dustcap would be better ;)

well as it sits right now i cant afford to remove the sub. can a new dust bap be put on while still in the box?

Sure can

probably just came out from pressure travelling back up the polevent. is your port directly behind your woofer? also, maybe the glue just didnt bond enough to hold it on.

all you need is some 2 part 5 minute epoxy and anew dustcap.

just dont get any into the pole vent!!

well the subs are vertical pointed at the doors (i know horrible idea) and the port is pointed up at the rear. had to shoulder tackle it into place so removing the box might prove difficult to change it around. i just kinda want to glue it back together and give it a good layer of fiberglass and do the same to the other side so it doesnt happen. strange it only happened to the new subwoofer as the old one didn't have a problem and i haven't turn my system all the way up just yet.

You can get a dustcap sent to from IA. Go get some 5 minute epoxy. You will need to make sure there is a suitable surface (existing flat channel or clean area) for re-mounting the dust cap then sand the back of the dust cap(the outer rim, the part that will be glued) and then epoxy it back on. Dont even have to take the sub out. Just get the remaining pieces of the old dust cap off (be careful not to damage the cone) and dont get anything down in the gap.

so take out pieces, shove shirt in gap, grind down the old epoxy, then epoxy new one in? just kinda strange that the new sub blew the dust cap and the older one i have in there is fine... going to shoot IA an email for a new dust cap. epoxying over the old one with a new one would be a problem? i figure its such a light part of the sub it wouldn't make much of a difference...

so take out pieces, shove shirt in gap, grind down the old epoxy, then epoxy new one in?

u r right ... better than just smackin another one on ... got any pics of the blown one :drink40: