Sign in to follow this  
panky

refurbished amp

is it safe to buy a refurbished amp? im planing on buying a bnew sae1200d but i saw that dbr is selling refurbished amps. and iam thinking on buying a refurbished saz1500d. whats the down side in buying refurbished amps? aside from its already used. any suggestions?? thanks

There really aren't any... Chris offers a 1-year warranty on his refurbished amps as well. People are very happy with his repaired amps.

thanks for the response, repaired amps? is it just minor repairs? and doesn't include major damages? and one more question, about the performance of the refurbished amps? are the bnew and refurbished amps the same when it comes to performance? thanks

You might want to consider a SAZ-2000D. I see the 1500D is $400 at db-r, if the presale starts up for the 2000d the price will be 425 shipped. Worth thinking about for 25 bucks more and it's brand new too.

I believe Chris at db-r offers a 1 year warranty on his refurbished amplifiers and they will perform just as good as new.

Refurbs, well from chris @ DB-r.com are da sznit....

no complaints about my saz-3000d. Ok, a few... passengers say its too loud. :trippy:

ive bought 3 refurbs from Chris over at Db-r..all were just as he described them and ive never had a problem...no worries here

There are quite a few people on this forum who have refurb Sundown amps and I have not read anything bad about db-r's work. I think you are safe!!

You might want to consider a SAZ-2000D. I see the 1500D is $400 at db-r, if the presale starts up for the 2000d the price will be 425 shipped. Worth thinking about for 25 bucks more and it's brand new too.

I believe Chris at db-r offers a 1 year warranty on his refurbished amplifiers and they will perform just as good as new.

thanks for the info mike, do you know when will the presale be? and i think saz2000d will be more than what a bl 12" needs, am i right?

thanks everyone for the fast response!

I have had a few refurbs and never had a problem. dB-r Does some awesome work. They will be fine and also the warranty backs that up.

thanks for the info mike, do you know when will the presale be? and i think saz2000d will be more than what a bl 12" needs, am i right?

Jacob was/is seeing how much interest there is in the 2000d and there is quite a bit, I would say it could open up sometime within the next week or two, you could ask him. Yeah I think it is too much for a BL but you can run it so not the full power is going to the sub. I would look into it just because its a good deal and will allow you some overhead for if you want to upgrade or even add another sub. I know I am going to get a 2000d just because of the aforementioned reasons even though I may not need all the power. May run a xcon, 2 icons or something else. Oh also I believe he said the amps would arrive in early June...can't quite remember though.

Jacob was/is seeing how much interest there is in the 2000d and there is quite a bit, I would say it could open up sometime within the next week or two, you could ask him. Yeah I think it is too much for a BL but you can run it so not the full power is going to the sub. I would look into it just because its a good deal and will allow you some overhead for if you want to upgrade or even add another sub. I know I am going to get a 2000d just because of the aforementioned reasons even though I may not need all the power. May run a xcon, 2 icons or something else. Oh also I believe he said the amps would arrive in early June...can't quite remember though.

by june? there will be a problem, since im from the philippines i might not be able to get the saz2000d because by june ill be back here at the philippines. ill be staying in the US from may 20 + to maybe april 20 +. what would you suggest if i can't get the 2000d? which do you think is a better deal? the bnew sae1200d for $350 or refurbished saz1500d for $400? and il get the bl d2 maybe with the cooling.

its very hard for me to decide because i live far from the US, so if something breaks, its really a big problem, with time and shipping it back to the US. thanks for helping me out mike

Edited by panky

Sign in to follow this