Sign in to follow this  
Julian

Adding another subwoofer..

i have a FI bl 15,cooling,daily, universal d1, im (thinking of) adding another bl to my car (not like i really need it ;)) but is there i could wire 2 d1's down to 1 ohm?( wouldnt it end up at 1/4 of an ohm? or 4 ohms) i don't think you can but, hey theres always hope(or none) but i was thinking about getting an excessive amperage alt like a 250 amp, run 0g wire front to back add a kinetik battery all KnuKonceptz wire, with maybe a crunch or hifonics amp

Ideas or comments?

Edited by Julian

No way you can wire 2 d1s to 1ohm. What amp do you have now? Also, you could recone the original to a dual 2 if its universal.

No way you can wire 2 d1s to 1ohm. What amp do you have now? Also, you could recone the original to a dual 2 if its universal.

Coils series then subs parallel = 1 ohm load.

Coils series then subs parallel = 1 ohm load.

thats what i was thinking, actually exactly so id still end up with two d1 woofers?

so, ideas, comments? any other amps i should consider? im on a slightly tight budget, wanting a sundown but they're kinda expensive?

2_1ohm_dvc_1ohm.gif

yep, thats what i was just looking at.

so, ideas, comments? any other amps i should consider? im on a slightly tight budget, wanting a sundown but they're kinda expensive?

whats the budget

well minus the sub maybe 300-400ish?

was also thinking another a 1208d and then adding a MAXX-LINK from hifonics to link them togehther in a master/slave set up so id be doing like 1,200wrms per sub

maxxlink2.jpg

Edited by Julian

Sign in to follow this