DeeCee

Hrmm.. interesting...

I want a program like that. O_O

Velocity is increased as air is compressed?

It just hit me...that would be a VERY useful program.

Geez Duran.. do you ever sleep hahahaha. I always see you on!

I was thinking about using this programme in 2006 when I was about to take on an extreme build.

As I was trying to figure out something in my head recently with a new box for the forester, I decided that it would be better to apply better models to what we do instead of best pracitce and thus I went to the trouble of making the box and testing it.

This is just the first model, but yeah, I'm sure that I will benefit ;)

I wonder if those kerfs and angles work inside boxes........

Geez Duran.. do you ever sleep hahahaha. I always see you on!

I don't have time for sleep, it's overrated anyways :P

Do it!!!!!

Do it!!!!!

Currently the computer is churning away doing some pressure calculations.

Maybe I will, maybe I won't. I do know that I won't be doing this for anyone else haha. It takes too long to do all this stuff!

Do it!!!!!

Currently the computer is churning away doing some pressure calculations.

Maybe I will, maybe I won't. I do know that I won't be doing this for anyone else haha. It takes too long to do all this stuff!

You would for me right?

I need a 2 18"s box plz ;)

No lol.

I'm thinking I'll just keep this advantage to myself :)

Someone asked me the reason that I was going to this level.. well...

The reason for going to this level was that I was having trouble sorting out the pressure zones and reflection inside a box i'm about to hack up.

Basically the last big box was a big failure, only pulling me around 144db with an 18" sub and 4kw. As a result of that experiment, I didn't want to repeat those mistakes in the physical world, taking up time, money and resources.

Since I was looking at a lot of this back in 2k6 with an extreme build, I thought it might be a good time to try and figure out the programme again and see what I can do.

I'll break it down. The current box has to be decreased in height to fit under window line for St C.

That means that my MT18 has to be top mounted with a port somewhere else on the box.

Now I have successfully used corner loading within street vehicles a lot, so I thought that a port on the drivers side would be more beneficial than a port on top or firing back, where there isn't much space.

The area of concern was the sub position on the top face

This is an issue as there is the creation of a dead pressure zone beside the port.

Subequently, I was trying to figure out a lot of the reflection paths and pressure areas in my head and really I needed to apply what I had researched before into a theoretical model and seeing it on a screen.

I'll play with sub positions and figure out where I need to mount the sub now :)

As for the potential.. I am still learning the programme and how to fully capitalise on the CFD features, so who knows what may come of it, or if I'll just leave it alone. Sometimes the fun is in the mystery.

Also, I would say straight up, that the what the programme does is basic in terms of what is out there to calculate the minuite details of fluid dynamics.

So I'm not sure if it would be right for various applications in the SPL world.

I thought it was just a cool picture :P

its solidworks with cosmos floworks

That picture was just using the floworks express and I have to learn to use the normal floworks, but it should be interesting to model up some common boxes and see how they work.

Edited by DeeCee