ADK

Budget speaker opinion

Well, the Sony's are 50 watts, and 4 way...which is totally useless

i dont care for bass from my speakers since there only powered from my HU anyways...I guess take that into account.

Edited by ADK

I'm talking about the 4 "ways".

yea, i guess i see your point there really is not point to a 4 way but what about the kenwoods...3 way is generally the best sounding speaker.

The Kenwood's should do fine off deck power.

I just need some cheap speakers from either like walmart, target, sears, etc.... just to get me by for a few months until i get a good set of components for a custom install, and hey i might just like the cheapies. any opinons would do, i would like to buy them tomorrow since the lady i got my car from (my aunt) has never replaced the speakers.

yea, thats what I was thinking, I have kenwoods in my rear deck but my fronts believe it or not are 15 years old!!, you can barely hear them and plus one is blown...so im thinking about just going with those unless people have better opinions on any others.

And my last question is if you were to decide would you go with pioneer 2 ways or kenwood 3 ways for about the same price and close to same specs?

I'm partial to Kenwood, but I say either one you like best.

yea, i guess i see your point there really is not point to a 4 way but what about the kenwoods...3 way is generally the best sounding speaker.

?? for the same dough the 2 way should actually be the best. Think about it, you are looking at budget speakers. For the same money will the one with more drivers and more crossover components that they have to cheapen to meet the price point sound better or the one with less. In this case for sure, less is more.

Obviously I'd recommend a listen for anything like this as all theories aside sometimes manufacturers try to sell a crap product via marketing instead of just engineering a good solution.

Get a set of Pheonix Gold Rsd 6.5cs They are around 65 shipped a set and are amazing for the money! You may end up liking them so much youll just keep em.

I actually went to walmart an hour ago just to get some speakers to get by for a while. they didnt have the kenwoods I was planning on getting so instead I went for some Pioneer 2 ways. price tag said 39.99 but when I went to self checkout it rang up for 20.00$. So whatever if there good there good if there bad there bad, 20$ for some nice brand speakers you cant go wrong with.

Lol, everyone and their mom gts those when they blow their stock speakers. They sound awful. Plastic cone, cloth surround. If you have a substage at all you are going to hate them.

Lol, everyone and their mom gts those when they blow their stock speakers. They sound awful. Plastic cone, cloth surround. If you have a substage at all you are going to hate them.

"lol" actually the funny thing is maybe you should go ahead and read the entire thread before you go ahead and say stuff like that. Just so you dont have to do any of the scrolling up i quote what i said for you.

"I just need some cheap speakers from either like walmart, target, sears, etc.... just to get me by for a few months until i get a good set of components for a custom install."

I just can't justify spending money on "Wal-Mart" audio. I don't care how desperate you are.

I need all new EVERYTHING, and still refuse to even consider Wal-Mart

its not about the store you buy stuff from its the brand you buy, they were msrp 70$ and somehow were marked down to 20$ BNIB never opened. Like i said i need ones that sound somewhat decent up until about summer, or when it gets warmer out here then ill be getting a good set of components. mine you i am 17 years old senior in high school sorry i dont have cash to thro out to audio.

its not about the store you buy stuff from its the brand you buy, they were msrp 70$ and somehow were marked down to 20$ BNIB never opened. Like i said i need ones that sound somewhat decent up until about summer, or when it gets warmer out here then ill be getting a good set of components. mine you i am 17 years old senior in high school sorry i dont have cash to thro out to audio.

And I am a 17 year old starting college soon ;)

Well how do you like the Pioneers? I remember getting some a long time ago that were really cheap. Like you I was in college with not a lot of money to through around to new speakers. They did the trick as long as you didn't try to go too loud. Just enough to roll around town in and have music playing.

Well how do you like the Pioneers? I remember getting some a long time ago that were really cheap. Like you I was in college with not a lot of money to through around to new speakers. They did the trick as long as you didn't try to go too loud. Just enough to roll around town in and have music playing.

Im glad someone actually understands the situation, but Im planning on putting them in in the next couple hours.