hey guys!newby here! just wanted to introduce myself!names joel and i am working on getting a system together for my 97 ford ranger.not my first install by a long shot but its been a while!like 10 yrs! :captain: this is where im at!alpine cda 9887 head unit,2 crossfire xp2400d's,crossfire xp3204,1 re audio xxx 12 a custom box tuned to i believe 30 hrz made by fine custom works,focal 165 k2p components, 1kinetik hc3800 for inside of cab,1 kinetik hc2400 under hood, high output 200 amp alt.lots of 0 guage kicker hyper flex wiring.right now im working on best way to fit all this chit in the back of my little extra cab!any feedback or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!and if anyone has any experience with these crossfire amps hit me up!they are still sittin snugly in their plastic just waiting for me to get nasty with them!

hey guys!newby here! just wanted to introduce myself!names joel and i am working on getting a system together for my 97 ford ranger.not my first install by a long shot but its been a while!like 10 yrs! :captain: this is where im at!alpine cda 9887 head unit,2 crossfire xp2400d's,crossfire xp3204,1 re audio xxx 12 a custom box tuned to i believe 30 hrz made by fine custom works,focal 165 k2p components, 1kinetik hc3800 for inside of cab,1 kinetik hc2400 under hood, high output 200 amp alt.lots of 0 guage kicker hyper flex wiring.right now im working on best way to fit all this chit in the back of my little extra cab!any feedback or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!and if anyone has any experience with these crossfire amps hit me up!they are still sittin snugly in their plastic just waiting for me to get nasty with them!

not sure about the amps but the rest of your gear will make for a pretty decent sounding setup if done propperly.

Great amps, I sell them so I'm biased though.

thought the xp 2400s were pretty hard to find?not the case?just curios but whats the going rate your selling them for?

thought the xp 2400s were pretty hard to find?not the case?just curios but whats the going rate your selling them for?

MSRP is $1499.99

I used to love Crossfire but they have soured the taste in my mouth after I blew 3 amps in 5 years- two BMF1000D's and a VR404. First 1000D blew mosfets but I did buy it used from an SPL competitor so I gave it the benefit of the doubt. Second one I never really figured out what was wrong, had some blackness around some resistors and small caps in the middle of the board. Though that one blew after a loud pop in all my speakers right as I started my car. I'm thinking I may have had a big static discharge through the system or something. My other amp (a kenwood) was fine though. and the 404 I don't think I could tell what was wrong. It may have been damaged from vibrations, I don't know. But again, other amps mounted at the same place at the same time survived.

I really liked the BMF when it was working though. Rated at 1000 but measured 1250 in a review, and was priced well. So it really sours my day that I have to not like them anymore.

bummer!i have gone through quite a few amps myself lately!started with 2 alpine mrp 1000s on a 15 inch m3 mojo.didnt really like the way they sounded but come to find out it was just the sub.pretty sloppy sounding.then bought 2 punch 1000s and those didnt have enough umph for me so i tried a ma audio hk4000.a funny cloud of blue smoke started pluming out of it after about 30 seconds of playing it.not the good kind of smoke either.so i pretty much swore off ma audio.i was pretty skeptical to try them anyways,just had a bad feeling.next i purchased a cliff designs cd4800.1lx without doing any research on it,found out a week after i got it that it was made by or at least in the same building as ma audio,needless to say i sold it without ever trying it.so this is where im at today.you are the first person i have heard about having problems with their amps,most people i have talked to,wich isnt many were pretty impressed with their product!just glad i dont have their vr line or hc line!thanks for the input though!any suggestions on how to prevent from blowing them?other than the obvious?