Sign in to follow this  
Poundhardheh

15" Fi Bl setup

Hey, just received my 15" Fi BL and just constructed a box for it.

Box specs:

Port Area - 55

Volume before displacement - 3.97

Frequency - 32.2hz - 32.6hz

Setup:

15" Fi BL

Jl 1000/1

2 awg wiring

Stock deck

Stock Electrical

Here's the problem. My freind with a 12w7 in an H/O box kicks this subs ass!

His Setup:

12w7 in H/O box

Alpine PDX 1000.1

4 awg wiring

Alpine deck

Stock electrical

His system is in a Dodge Magnum mine is a Ford Expedition soon to be a 96 Cutlass.

My plans:

Kinetik HC 1800 or more

Non stock deck

Big 3 under hood

Maybe new ALt

What else do I need to make it pound harder?

New amp?

Is the box good specs?

Help would be amazing!!!!!!

Have you messed around with the settings on the 1000/1? It took me a while to get mine dialed in on my 10'' BL. Should be enough power to get that BL moving pretty well so I would think the settings are off somehow, also a new deck would make a difference.

Ok, well I plan on the deck soon, and big 3 obviously.

And I dont have the meters and tools to adjust the amp so I will wait for a store to do that.

Also after the sub is broke in more will it get noticeably louder?

how long is your port? Is your "volume before displacement" number before both port and sub displacement? What are your box dimensions? One of those numbers is not right. I've been plugging the numbers into winISD for 5 minutes and can't get a scenario where that port area with that tune will work with that size box if it's before all sub and port displacement. The port is prohibitively large every time.

I used the RE Enclosure calculator and the Volume before displacement is after the port.

I'm thinking after all displacement it leaves me somewhere around 3.6 cubes.

What is the problem with the box your seeing.

Dimensions:

36L x 15H x 19D

Port Width: 4"

Length: 8"

5/8 MDF

Tuned around 32.5hz

Square Port Volume: 55

wait first you say port area = 55, then you say square port volume = 55. I assume you meant area instead of volume. You say the port is 4" wide, I assume it goes as high as the internal of the box (13.5")?

I'd assume a speaker displacement of about .15, which brings your 3.97 down to about 3.8 cubes after all displacements. Then, a 4" x 13.5" port that's 8" long makes the box tuned to........43 hz.

But you also say that you haven't played with the amp settings at all? That's a HUGE part of it. You have to set the crossover and gain at least.

Plus since you only used 5/8" wood I imagine you're getting a significant amount of flex. You'll need to brace that box.

One of the problems with the RE calc is when you enter in the port length 2 number people assume that is the port length which I think is happening here. Just a little miscommunication. If you do it that way the numbers work out.

I did brace the box some.

And yea I meant Square port area, sorry bout that.

Well the port is 4 inches wide, the first port piece is 13.5 x 13.5

The second is 13.5 x 8.

The RE calc figured that out to be around 32.5hz

you know what when i first got my bl it sounded super quiet then messed with settings/ broke it in a little and now it beats harder than anything else ive had.

Sign in to follow this