Nikuk

So I was bored

So i was a little bored today and had an hour to kill. I figure, all the equipent I have laying around... I might as well put something in the truck and play around.

Dropped in my old CRX-stlye box, pair of RE SX 15"s, and an Orion 2500D. Setup for 2kw before Imp. Rise.

DSCN1697.jpg

DSCN1699.jpg

DSCN1700.jpg

Ran a sweep, found the boxes peak with these woofers. Burped a couple of times. Then went back to a sweep to get a good reading before the batt drained too much. Stock Delco batt (3 years old).

testing.jpg

So far for this season in Street C, this would've put me 6th place.

http://www.termpro.com/asp/leaderboard3.asp

Not bad for dropping in and not testing anything.

-Nick

you going to adjust that box at all? and those SX's can get louder, (wonder if they could take a 2500D on each)

you going to adjust that box at all? and those SX's can get louder, (wonder if they could take a 2500D on each)

Definately going to adjust, just not today. No time... had to do other things.

The SX's can take a 2500 each... but I need to map the impedance before I try that - Until that, I can't say how many watts they were actually getting.

Not to mention, I ran 3 specific burps and 2 sweeps. I'mnot gonna subject them to 2kw each for a 2 octave sweep. LoL

Have to test with seating arrangment, box position, etc, etc...

Maybe tomorrow since I dont have to work and it's supposed to be around 50* again.

Again, I literally dropped in and went. So i'm happy... also, this box is my old H2 daily box - tuned to 38hz, peaks in the upper 40's.

-Nick

nice!!

james, last year's street a champ, dropped in a new box, in a new street b car...lmao...WOW!!!

anyway, i built the box...hehe....

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Damn fine score for a plug and play. ;)

x2.

I'd be amazed if anything ever worked out so nicely for me :P

Just awesome for dropping them in and burping.

Keep in mind - I went through 6 designs to get this box right for the H2's... I didnt just slap the enclosure together. :P

With the H2's and 1800rms actual - got upto 149.6 iirc.

This is a great box... I'm not going to spend too much time on the getting the truck louder. That's what the other car is for. Eventually, the truck will see the uber permanently (or close to it) :lol2:

Thanks everybody!

Not trying to hijack here just wanted to offer congrats and say I got metered last week. Did a 143.9 with the BMF 1000D on my 2 Viper 12" in old DD boxes built by Kurt Guenther. Trying to get alot louder though....

J

damn nick. never saw any of your stuff before. props to that.

you are in buffalo eh? mind if i take a road trip out there this summer? weather is getting nicer and id LOVE to play with that TL on the av15 im getting.

would you *by any chance in hell* have a RTA?

Good score :) Looks like it peaked @ 49 hz?

Yep, right around there. Thats pretty much the result of box peak & truck peak. With this box & a pair of H2's sitting there, my truck likes mid-high 40's alot.

you are in buffalo eh? mind if i take a road trip out there this summer? weather is getting nicer and id LOVE to play with that TL on the av15 im getting.

would you *by any chance in hell* have a RTA?

Oh crap, check around here... i have a few dozen pic's up of my gear. LoL Too much. I make Tom (Acid) excited with pics. This site is the only place that I bare my good pics ;)

Thats cool, I'm sure we could arrange something. No on the RTA though.. too expensive & I'm not that far into sq. :)

Thats cool, I'm sure we could arrange something. No on the RTA though.. too expensive & I'm not that far into sq.  :)

alright. when i get a lil more work done (after may?) ill try and driver up there :woot: