Sign in to follow this  
SKEEMASK

FACING THE PORT

Still doing my Thunderbird blowthrough build with the 2-12"BTLs but Im already looking ahead of what I can upgrade to. I know what I wanna do (no Im not telling). Soooooo I want some opinions on a enclosure I thought up. The question is really about the direction of the port. The box will be a half L and half T shape.....(removing rear seats) part of it would be in the trunk but most of the box is in the cabin. so the subs would be facing up with the port forward. reason why I want the subs up is so I can use some plexi. It'll be just above shoulder level. Leveled with the rear deck. This is what Ive drawn up. Do u think the port will be fine facing forward? note this is probably gonna be the only way I can get the port in and still use the glass window.

2APXXz.jpg

I think you'll want to seal off the trunk behind the baffle that holds the subs in the enclosure, because it sounds like you'll have it basically sitting in the middle of your car, and that may cause cancellation with the waves that get into the trunk.

not trying to be funny but if I already have a blowthrough, then obviously I know that. I need to know if the port is fine facing forward. And to answer "your question" ........yes it'll be sealed off.The lil small part that sits in the back of the enclosure is what will be inside the trunk. It'll slide in place of the rear seats like a socket and be sealed.

I guess I've never heard of a blowthrough in a car.

I guess I've never heard of a blowthrough in a car.

he might be talking about the skipass? i got one in my car and i think he is talking bout doing something similar to what i want to do...

Port will be fine. But with the top being 25inches from to back. Wouldnt you have room to face the port up along the back side of the woofers? it wont suck either way. but id do the port on the driver side. How come your doing such a big box for 2 12s? Or did i miss somthing ?

Edited by AlanHall