Sign in to follow this  
phresh

Icon? Dcon? Xcon?

Whats the difference between these three subs and how do they compare against each other?

Which one gets the loudest, best sq, & can handle the most power?

Lets say there's 2 15s in the max recommended ported box on a Sundown 1500 for comparison.

XCON can handle the most power.

The XCON is beefier than the ICON capable of handling more power while still sounding great, and is 1700w rms.

DCON is a lower power sub which excels in small to medium sized sealed and ported enclosures, you could say the DCON is more SQ geared and 300w rms.

ICON is the middle ground and original SSA sub which is a very versatile subwoofer.

2 ICONs would be a good match for a 1500D as they are 1000w rms but perform well with what the 1500D would provide for two.

This is just what I have gathered from the main page/information on the subs, and forum information.

Feel free to correct me just throwing out my 2 cents.

Personally I am going to get an XCON but I could see myself being more than happy with an ICON as well.

The XCON is beefier than the ICON capable of handling more power while still sounding great, and is 1700w rms.

DCON is a lower power sub which excels in small to medium sized sealed and ported enclosures, you could say the DCON is more SQ geared and 300w rms.

ICON is the middle ground and original SSA sub which is a very versatile subwoofer.

2 ICONs would be a good match for a 1500D as they are 1000w rms but perform well with what the 1500D would provide for two.

This is just what I have gathered from the main page/information on the subs, and forum information.

Personally I am going to get an XCON but I could see myself being more than happy with an ICON as well.

Ok thanks. I AM A stick with the 2 Icon 15s then and piss of my neighbors!

:wacky:

Edited by phresh

Ok thanks. I AM A stick with the 2 Icon 15s then and piss of my neighbors!

:wacky:

That is one way to do it lols