BassHead24301

2 Fi BTL 12's In 2002 Supercab Ranger Edge

I am looking for ideas and opinions on an enclosure for my ranger. 02 Super Cab Ranger Edge. The plan so far is 2 BTL 12's but not sure about the enclosure. Once I pull the money together I will definitely be going for a fisher customs enclosure but need opinions on layouts for it. With my last setup I had the woofers firing upward and it did well but I also like to feel that punch in your back. So what I am looking for is opinions on some layout options for the port or ports and for the woofers themselves. I thought about firing them forward this time around but not sure. Let me know what you all think would perform and sound the best for this application.

I want people to think :WTFBubble: when they see the power inside my ranger as I :bigclap: in pleasure knowing that I am :bull: chitting on everyone elses beat. They will have to step up their game and get :morepower1:. Once I become king in my town I will say to everyone :bow28: and to you all on this forum I will say :thanx: for the help. To the haters I only say :finger: as your gf shows me her :boobs2:. I also tell the haters :No: you will never have beat like mine.

i like that...fisher customs will take care of u..just give them your max measurements and ur set...

I have looked at many of the past enclosures by fisher and love the clean look. I was thinking on a double baffle but I also like the look of a flush mount.

I would appreciate any ideas on the layout of my enclosure. Forward firing both the woofers and ports or upward firing the ports and woofers. Possible forward firing the port with upward firing woofers. Let me know what you all think would sound and work the best for what I am working with. My amplifier is on its way so I could use any ideas as soon as I could get them so I can get my plans ready for an order.

I ran a pair of MT's in my truck awhile back. I didnt try different port/sub orientations, but had great results with sub and ports facing up. For all design questions, please contact Dylan (at) fishercustoms (dot) com

Thanks for the help. I appreciate any ideas, opinions, or help as I start a major project for the ranger. I had browsed through the builds that steve meade had done and had picked up a few ideas and a few things that would have helped with previous installations. But now that I am going big and getting away from the small cheap equipment I am trying to learn more and more. One of the ideas I liked with his builds were the bolts used in place of the terminals. Is there any way that I could order an enclosure with that type of setup? I have had so many terminals come loose or blow out of the box because of the pressure created inside.

Thanks for the help. I appreciate any ideas, opinions, or help as I start a major project for the ranger. I had browsed through the builds that steve meade had done and had picked up a few ideas and a few things that would have helped with previous installations. But now that I am going big and getting away from the small cheap equipment I am trying to learn more and more. One of the ideas I liked with his builds were the bolts used in place of the terminals. Is there any way that I could order an enclosure with that type of setup? I have had so many terminals come loose or blow out of the box because of the pressure created inside.

Yea, we can omit the terminals on the box without a problem. I can drill the holes and include the bolts, washers, and nuts, but do not install them prior to shipping (due to shipping reasons).

I ran a pair of MT's in my truck awhile back. I didnt try different port/sub orientations, but had great results with sub and ports facing up. For all design questions, please contact Dylan (at) fishercustoms (dot) com

times 2 best for ext. cab trucks imo

:thanx: everyone for all the help. Great forum and great people here. I get paid again this week along with my amplifier coming in this week so I will be looking into plans and getting measurements for an enclosure. I have a few friends who are getting a bit cocky on their cheap setups. They aren't going to know what hit 'em.

:coffee: As I get things together for this project their will plenty of coffee and energy shots to get it done. This sleeping schedule on third shift is killing me.

:morepower1: I now have my amplifier to run the BTL's and will be extremely happy when it comes time to order my enclosure. The amplifier I will be running is the Pioneer Premier PRS-D2000SPL. Damn heavy amp but it should kick out the beat.

awesome amp, for the price would have gotten the IA 20.1 but you still got a monster there. definitely hit up Dylan for that design, his work is very detailed, and he is not done until your satisfied with the design.

and of course, BJ box ftw

I only paid $530 for the amplifier anyway. I bought it from sonicelectronix. Still planning on getting the premiere 4 channel for the rest of the speakers. A h.o. alternator and extra battery are planned. I have pretty much planned out the products I will be using. I have also got a bit of my hushmat just needs to be installed.

I would definately try subs forward. If you do you should either fire the port up or towards the drivers side with subs stacked on the passenger side. This is of coarse if you are interested in rocking the mic. No matter what your shooting for I'm sure BJ will hook you up. :jump:

I have the layout planned for the subs upward firing. The layout for the amp rack and secondary battery are planned out also. It will be great to hear it all done but money is tight so it will take some time. That doesnt mean that I will be going cheap with any of it. It will all be high quality. Thanks to everyone here for ideas and input. I greatly appreciate it. I take it all in as I continue on this project. It all helps make better ideas and also helps make things easier. Thanks also to fisher for running a great forum here.