Sign in to follow this  
rushnrun

Kicker Solo X 18, ZX2500 Full Sizer Blazer Pics.. Vid to follow..

Well this will be a few photos... The install will be done in the next week or so... I just built the box and got it carpeted. I'll have to build the amp/battery rack in the next week or so...

So here's some starter pics.

DSCN3352.jpg

DSCN3353.jpg

DSCN3354.jpg

6cubes after displacements, tuned 33hz.... should be decent daily... He's one of those fella's that Like's to show off so hopefully this will do the trick. :)

**the box is small because he still needs room for his gun-rack.. it'll sit behind the woofer box and amp

thanks fella's.

The light grey is an exact match to his interior, the "X" is a scaled up Solo "X" logo. The box will be dropped in later today and hooked up using his current amprack--I don't have time to finish it today(and he doens't like to go w/out subs :) )

The box is 1"MDF the X is cut out of 5/8" mdf.

The port is the only part that is really braced up. the port/port bracing braces the top, bottom and front.-- the sub is so large that it's hard to brace around in this size of box. i wanted to go bigger but he needs the room. I'm a little worried about the back panel flexing but we'll see when it's hooked up.. if need be I'll fabricate some sort of bracing. Hopefully with the 1" wood and the smaller box size there won't be any issues)

I guess I should mention that I built him the box for free since he was doing me a favor by buying the "big" woofer (he was pretty happy with what he had).. I told him if he bought the beast I'd build him a nice box for it.... :)

got it dropped in yesterday... all I can say is WOW.... running half power on the zx2500 it's still super loud... it's not even moving yet :) I'll get some vids next week after the install is finished.

He's got a leaky window that needs to be tended to before we go any further.--And a tailgate that fell off yesterday... while I was sitting on it...

Nice box work. :)