Sign in to follow this  
austinaiello

pooping noise from my sub

when playing on music it makesa popping noise on different tones it does it alot i have a o6 s15l7 4ohm wired at two

it makes no sence and it pretty loud not hard to miss it

when playing on music it makesa popping noise on different tones it does it alot i have a o6 s15l7 4ohm wired at two

sounds like it's blown :(

sounds like it's blown :(

No recones available either :(

Play it free air and see if it does it. Start at zero volume and roll it till it reaches max excursion.

but when i wire it back down to 4 ohms its perfectly fine its like new again so i dont think tat it is blown

do u think that coil could be warpped

How much power is going to it? Does it pop on low volumes as well as loud or only when you crank it? What tones make the sub make the noise? What box is it in? And what do you mean by wire it back down to 4 ohms when you say you have a dual 4 ohm sub?

You gave us basically no information to help you.

i got 2 4ohm s15l7 in a 4.5 cuft box ported and they are wired at 2 ohms not much power going to them at all maybe 2/5 the power and they make the noise on different songs and all different tones

but if i wire them back to 4 ohms they are like new again so i dont think they are blown

what amp do you have? You have two 15's in a single 4.5 cubic foot ported box? I didn't know they made single 4 ohm L7's, I thought they were either dual 2 or dual 4.

its it a dual 4 i said it was 4 cause everyones knows they dnt make a single

but i said would it make a difference if it was hooked up to a home reciever

i think that is what the problem is but im just trying to make sure

You still didn't say what amp you had or how you have somehow had it wired to 2 ohms and then 4 ohms. Did you only use one voice coil? Why do you think hooking it up to a home audio receiver will help? You can try, but you'll likely have to wire it in series to get an 8 ohm load.